Budget: Attending the ProgPower for the first time

The hotel was the most expensive part of the trip for me, about $650 for 4 nights at the Courtyard. The plane ticket from San Diego was roughly $400. I probably spent another $700 while in Atlanta, but alcohol and merch add up quickly, not to mention the siren song of the Davinci's slices. Add to that the cost of the Wednesday and Thursday shows, as well as the main two days of the fest. Hmm, I just realized I need to save around $2k for next year. Thanks for the painful reminder ;)

$900? Whoa!! Good thing I fly from FL at about $200!! Anyway, I usually spend $1000 like others say and stay at a nice hotel, but since you got that expensive ticket, then depending where you stay makes a big difference. You can stay 4 nights for $400 or for $800. It all depends and that will probably be your variable cost right there. I also carry natural protein bars and with breakfast at my hotel room (spent $45 at Publix supermarket this year), maybe a Subway sandwich ($10) and the bars I am all set. Some people eat the pizza at the venue, which I did this year during the main fest instead of the sandwich just because dis not have time to go out. So figure for food about $20-$25 per day to be on the safe side. Now, merch is where everyhing can go to shit for me or others, but I always bring at least $300 for that and try to save $100 at the end. Sometimes I can hold myself, but this year many tour t-shirts were the shit!!!

$900? Whoa!! Good thing I fly from FL at about $200!! Anyway, I usually spend $1000 like others say and stay at a nice hotel, but since you got that expensive ticket, then depending where you stay makes a big difference. You can stay 4 nights for $400 or for $800. It all depends and that will probably be your variable cost right there. I also carry natural protein bars and with breakfast at my hotel room (spent $45 at Publix supermarket this year), maybe a Subway sandwich ($10) and the bars I am all set. Some people eat the pizza at the venue, which I did this year during the main fest instead of the sandwich just because dis not have time to go out. So figure for food about $20-$25 per day to be on the safe side. Now, merch is where everyhing can go to shit for me or others, but I always bring at least $300 for that and try to save $100 at the end. Sometimes I can hold myself, but this year many tour t-shirts were the shit!!!

Yes $900 is a lot of money, is relatively even more for me :) But the thing is that my plan is as follow:

I'm going to travel with my wife. Most of her family lives in Minnesota, and she haven't see them for almost 7 years (you know, inmigration realted).

From El Salvador, there's a same Delta flight to MN and ATL, it departures from El Salvador, stops at ATL and then go to MN.

So, we are going to departure at the same time, but she is going to MN, I'm going to stay at the festival until sunday, and planing to fly that day to MN to be with my wife and her family the rest of the week.

It will be a kind of "Family trip", that's because I'm not counting to much the flight, since the fest is not the only reason to travel, but my main one.

I stayed 4 miles out at a Wingate for $350 for 4 days by myself,because drinking was not the most important factor of this trip I had no problem driving to and from the venue..and this was a last second booking because of reservations being lost

If I didn't indulge with high end restaraunts (ie,Chops and Umi)iprobably could have done everything(including the rental car from Birmingham,gas,parking, food)for under $1000

Also, don't forget to budget an extra $25 for a dozen METAL CUPCAKES from TRULY GREAT CUPCAKES. :)

I´ve stayed at Georgian Terrace.

hotel 550$ for 4 nights.
Transportation: 19$ for marta + 39$ for a cab on sunday. My flight was really early and i could trust Marta
Food and beer: less than 100. Ate pizza, junk food and 2 or 3 beers + free water at the venue
Flight: $ 189. Despite the fact that i travel overseas I manage to get tickets with mileage with tons of stopovers (Brazil/Miami). Only had to buy Mia-Atl
CDs+ T-shits - I have no idea

My brother will join me next year. First Timer!!!!