Florida Metal Scene

*cough* Patrick!

hey I'm workin on it... a guy can only do so much. I just now got to a computer. Been using my phone all day and I can only get certain things done on there.

edit

they were just added to the original post...I listened to them but...uh...well...not exactly my cup of tea based on one song. I'll listen some more.

Here are a couple more to check out:

My good friends in Fathoms Pass
A damn good band out of Miami, Paralysys
I don't even know if this band is still active, but they are amazing nonetheless, Being

And if you like something heavy and djenty, this band puts on one of the best live shows you may see out of locals Ovid's Withering

wow, feeling left out. Please see the Facebook link in my signature...three songs to sink the teeth into there, and please do so, so we can count in here.... being native to Jacksonville, haha..........................oh, and I'd like to get on any show anyone would have us on....just throwing that out there..... I mean, if we don't suck, or something.

wow, feeling left out. Please see the Facebook link in my signature...three songs to sink the teeth into there, and please do so, so we can count in here.... being native to Jacksonville, haha..........................oh, and I'd like to get on any show anyone would have us on....just throwing that out there..... I mean, if we don't suck, or something.

I was hoping you would join in the thread here. ;)

Also remembered to put Tempest Reign on the list - Brent Smedley did play drums for these guys, but I don't think he is with the band anymore. I don't even really know if the band is functional at the moment or not.

It's because Jacksonville is considered South Georgia in Tampa.... HE HE...:lol:

I actually listened to you ep last night again and it is excellent. Really enjoy your stuff.

Godseye is a 100% buddy band recommendation from Sanctum. they said they sound "really brutal" and I know they have a big following in Jacksonville.

GodsEye is also "in" your own band. :heh:

Seriously, it's a lake between the Riverlands and the Crownlands in the Seven Kingdoms. Harrenhal (big castle/keep, partially melted by dragonfire) is on the north shore. :Spin:

Firestone Live | Camden Cruz Entertainment Presents -
Florida Metal Showcase III

FMSIIIcopywebsmall.jpg

Florida Metal Showcase Series is BACK with the third installment of the Sunshine State's Metal Bands.

We Proudly Present to you:

Fields Of Glass - Orlando Black Metal Legends. You will recognize their keyboardist from the Internet Viral "Vegan Black Metal Chef" episodes.

Playing For Keeps - this band should settle the appetite for any young mosher at heart. Great Production and Image, this band formed early this year from members of the Florida Scene that have just, been around. This time they are coming out with a new fresh take on the hardcore/metalcore genre blending elements of Djent in with it. Groovy guitar riffs and its about aliens.... whats not to bang your head to?

DetourA - Drew, the frontman, was in Trivium in the beginning. He has created something his own but with a slight taste of what he has come from. Great guys and very hard working. check them out!

Catalysis - Your modern metal at heart!
http://www.facebook.com/catalysisband?sk=app_2405167945

Isura - Young melodic death core to add to your fans of Playing For Keeps.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Isura/173932462632622?sk=app_178091127385

A Dinner With Captain Murderer - Young Kids again! Gotta bring the new generation up right and get them pointed in the right direction!!! Early fans of As I lay Dying or Still Remains will like this band!!
http://www.facebook.com/ADWCM?sk=app_178091127385

This is a Harsh vocal show, which i know wont appeal to most of you but hey, as long as METAL shows are going on BIG in Florida, it helps the scene all together. there is only enough power/prog metal in FL to do one lineup for that at a time. \m/

Last edited by a moderator:
Florida Metal Showcase II

262983_230405723664544_206549146050202_614584_3568758_n.jpg

from what I hear III and IV are already in the works - this is a more extreme line-up, the previous one featured Seven Kingdoms and Great Awakening among others. So it changes show to show - if this isn't your cup of tea maybe the next one will be.

Just a reminder. Tonight!!!!

my tiny and quite amateur review of Florida Metal Showcase II:

Had a great time at Florida Metal Showcase II last night. I got to talk to a few people in each of the bands. Tried to approach others but noticed they were quite busy in good conversation with the other fans of the night so I didn't want to interrupt. Blood By Dawn, Sanctum, GodsEye, LaVey, Motivated By Silence, An Effigy Distorted were all really good in their own right.

An Effigy Distorted - A band full of awesome guys, appeared to be experiencing a few technical difficulties as the starting band for the night. They were abstract, yet they were fun. They seemed to enjoy themselves quite well on stage despite a bit of nervousness shining through ever so slightly....of course then again if I were on a stage that high up off the floor I would be too! Both guitarists showed some severe talents, and it was quite unfortunate T.J. had sound issues with the mic attached to his amp because I could tell he was shredding his heart out! These dudes definitely hold potential for the future with the direction they're going and I can't wait to see how they grow into their sound.

Motivated By Silence - I didn't really know much about Motivated By Silence going into it (I just know I really dig their artwork on their page) , but they had a great sound about them. The Vocalist was in tune with his style and had a nice range that he could choose from and hit at any moment he wanted...no fluctuations needed to warm up into it - he just slayed it on the spot moving from guttural to high impact in one swift note. He moved around a lot and controlled the crowd really well. The wall of sound behind the vocalist was intense, clear, and professionally put together song structures to make for the best Metal/Core style experience you could ask for. Honestly, the song on their facebook, albeit good, doesn't do them justice after seeing them live.

‎LaVey - Surprise of the night for me. I knew these guys were nice after exchanging a couple of comments back and forth on Facebook so I was definitely looking forward to seeing what they had live. The four piece act exceeded any expectations I had and put on one hell of a performance. The lead player was an explosion of talent with punchy, well executed riffing and had a refreshing bluesy air about him during the solos, The guitar was intertwined into a tight rhythm provided from a great drummer and amazing bass player, and leading this war of sound was a vocalist that has such an amazing range of growls I can hardly believe the sounds were escaping HIS mouth! Such AN AMAZING BAND to experience live. Its unfortunate to know that they are experiencing some differences causing the band to split, but talking to the guitarist he said he was on the track to getting a new bassist and drummer to continue on.

‎GodsEye - If you could Modernize Amon Amarth put it in a needle and inject it into a coordinated and professional looking group of dudes from Jacksonville I think Godseye is what you'd have. Strike the viking undertones, and just sink your teeth into a fist full of metal that sets out to appease the melodic metal lovers as well as that one brutal fanatic at the show that never thinks anything is heavy enough....well Godseye is! An amazing set of personalities with showmanship to back their giant sound makes the perfect unrelenting metal experience.

Sanctum - Night and Days difference from the last time I saw them at Florida Powerfest II. Their new vocalist is amazing and quite the showman. It seems like the clean vocalist has improved as well, although a bit buried in the mix unfortunately (not their fault). They seemed like a completely matured experience from what they once were. Can't wait to hopefully share the stage with them in the future!

Blood By Dawn - I felt like I got punched in the face by brutality personified THE END. Was able to talk to their drummer briefly for two seconds before the show started. Very cool dude.

Camden Cruz Entertainment and Firestone Live hosted one of the best 'local' style showcases (of this particular sub-genre - core/death) I've ever been able to witness. Coming from Atlanta and now living in Central Florida, I've seen all those same style death/tech/core bands on show packages in Atlanta and they don't seem to hold the same energy and atmosphere as these bands for Florida Metal Showcase II did. Thanks Camden Cruz for putting such effort and faith into delivering something truly awesome to the Florida Metal Scene.

Also don't forget to check out the Orlando area debut of my new project featuring Scott Clendenin (Ex-Death/Control Denied Bassist) at the Haven. Click our logo in my sig to head over to the facebook to read more about us. (Demo is in the process of being recorded right now.)

We (SKYLINER) have been teaming up and playing some shows together with a newer band, FALLEN TEMPLARS (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fallen-Templars/209784922367005 ), who are about only 5 years younger in age than us but that age group seems to have discovered this kind of music in a big way so now all of a sudden we have a real local audience, for the first time, haha. Fallen Templars is something similar to Domine, Rhapsody, or et al, whereas we do what is usually labeled as a Running Wild/Labyrinth kind of thing, so there is a decent metal feasting going on every so often here in Jacksonville. Cool stuff!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Skyliner/10929787810

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fallen-Templars/209784922367005

Added them to the list! I wish they had some tunes posted...then again I wish my band had some tunes posted - which brings me to the update that my band just got finished tracking rhythm guitars yesterday and next sunday leads and bass will go down, then a couple Sundays after that we can track vocals and have our demo in the mixing stage.

We hope to get it done before Pathfinder Metalfest III - but really there's no guarantee.