Florida Metal Scene

My husband and I recently opened up our own production company Negative Proof Productions in south florida, Boca Raton. We do studio recording, live shows (live recording) on a smaller scale, well for now until we can afford a bigger space. We really want to help the metal scene in florida and currently working on some ideas. We have a PR/web designer working on our site now, should be up in a week or so. Definitely let me know what we can do to help the Florida metal scene.

Seven Kingdoms and Centralia tonight at The Haven Lounge 6700 Aloma Avenue Winter Park, Florida.

also featuring metalcore opening act An Effigy Distorted and headlining Iron Maiden tribute act WASTED YEARS.

Doors at 8, $6, 18+

Camden Cruz Entertainment and Firestone Live are proud to bring 'Florida Metal Showcase: ARMAGEDDON' to Downtown Orlando. On Saturday, January 7th, 2012! This one of a kind metal festival will feature the states cream of the crop in all different styles of metal from all over the Sunshine State and abroad!!!

Festposterweb.jpg

VIP INFO

VIPflyerweb.jpg

Facebook Event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=272301166142061

Tickets:
Presale @ $12
Door @ $15
VIP @ $30 - get official laminate, $1/ea. PBR TALLBOY special, Liquor Special and Exclusive Access to the VIP lounge. ONLY 80 AVAILABLE!!! VIP attendees will be able to get in at 11:45am for first grabs at merch, vendor food and view!

FOOD AVAILABLE ALL DAY!!!

Tickets are available on www.firestonelive.net or through the bands!!!

Doors will open at NOON, the festival starts at 12:20PM as follows:

Prophet Records/Extreme Room - Upstairs in Loft
12:20 -12:50- Wake Up Atlantic (Lakeland, FL)
1:00-1:30 - The From Empires To Ashes
2:10-2:40 - The Vanishing Act (Ocoee, FL)
3:20-3:50 - Author, Creator
4:30-5:00 - With Guns Held High
5:40-6:10 - From Within
6:50-7:20 - Darkest Before Dawn
8:00-8:30 - Valor
9:10-9:40 - Take Charge (Clearwater, FL)
10:20-10:50 - Aglacia (Ormond Beach, FL)
11:40-12:15 - Playing For Keeps (Daytona Beach, FL)

Firestone Main Stage
1:35-2:05 - Skyliner (Jacksonville, FL)
2:45-3:15 - Fallen Templars (Jacksonville, FL)
3:55-4:25 - Paralysis (Miami, FL)
5:05-5:35 - Needless To Say (Pompono, FL)
6:15-6:45 - Wirethrone (Winter Haven, FL)
7:25-7:55 - Being
8:35-9:05 - Detoura
9:45-10:15 - From The Throne (Cape Coral, FL)
10:55-11:35 - Seven Kingdoms
12:20-1:00 - GorillaFight

Metal Stage
1:00-1:30 - Resurgence
2:10-2:40 - An Effigy Distorted
3:20-3:50 - Wormwood Prophecy (Jacksonville, FL)
4:30-5:00 - KathariK
5:40-6:10 - Abdomen Canvas
6:50-7:20 - Abiotic (Miami, FL)
8:00-8:30 - A Catalyst For Destruction
9:10-9:40 - Godseye (Jacksonville, FL)
10:20-10:50 - Widow (North Carolina)
11:40-12:15 - Great Awakening

all this for $12 presale ;)

not particularly for the Prog/Power crowd as a whole, but for general metal fans in the state to experience bands that actually do their respective genres good :)

And now the festival has been canceled due to the owner being a gigantic idiot and a total piece of shit. This is why Florida is the ass crack of every entertainment scene. We have to fight against all of this shit just to have a normal local show, much less a festival.

There will be an official article on this soon. look for it anywhere on the internet.

Oh I've been slamming Firestone pretty hard for their lack of business skills and etiquette. Funny even though they're pretty much turning it into a dance club, they are denying the claims.

Oh I've been slamming Firestone pretty hard for their lack of business skills and etiquette. Funny even though they're pretty much turning it into a dance club, they are denying the claims.

the owner is an idiot. A press release from me at least will be online today. I highly doubt they will actually come out and let the public know what happened.

Propoganda in Lake Worth, FL (aka West Palm Beach) is supposed to be pretty legit venue. I've never been but I been seeing some small nationals going through there. Metal scene in FL is good but could be better. BIG part of the problem is too many shitty bands content with being a half ass version of their favorite band. Amps that can't pass their knees, and sadly too many venues, promoters, and sound guys don't know what the fuck they're doing. Also having an everyman for themselves mentality doesn't help anyone. Everyone has to stick together and help each other out. That includes the promoters that throw these shows and aren't trying to screw over the bands. I understand they gotta make money but you don't have to fuck everyone out of it either.

Wow, well we sure could use some more fans like TheGodofMusic here in Jacksonville to support SKYLINER, since we've stuck to our guns..well..since the beginning really. Of course, that's why I was looking forward so much to the Armageddon festival. In this city, what you've got is kids who do not allow themselves to listen to anything outside of something-core and 'indie', and then one generation away from that you've got bands who just kind of mash anything that was on rock radio over the past decade into one horrible sound (Creed mixed with a little Offspring and Three Days Grace, only without any hooks), and then one generation up from that you've got the jazz cover bands who complain to every magazine that Jax is "a metal city" (LOLLLLLLLLLLLL.....) and that's why they can't play more shows..nevermind that we have UNF with one of the biggest jazz programs in the country, two jazz festivals or more per year....the best part being, I'm schooled in jazz and yet these people would probably not know we are actual heavy metal unless I were to take out a history book and some records in front of them.

9 times out of 10, when we take the stage, people look absolutely horrified. It's enjoyable, but it does get old. However, when we have a gig that pops, it POPS. There's just no in between.....I just want to work with clubs/sound people who can almost compete with normal members of society in IQ..That's all........................Of course, I realize that any and all misfortune I or my merry troops have is completely and utterly our fault and I am just making it worse and unprofessional by ever venting about it. *snaps out of promoter mode* Wait, did I say that? I'm sorry. What I meant to say was: I owe all our success to everybody else because without you we would be nothing. :loco:

Camden Cruz Entertainment has officially parted ways with Firestone Live. CCE has been showcasing Florida's up and coming Heavy Metal talent at that club. The ownership of Firestone Live has decided not host live shows in favor of a new "club only" atmosphere. National advertised shows such as The Misfits, Mayhem, Obscura and also CCE's highly anticipated 'Florida Metal Showcase: Armageddon' festival, have been canceled or moved to other venues without warning, despite being advertised on the venues own website. Tickets were sold, people have made plans, promoters and bands have done their parts to meet their obligations to make all of these ventures successful, but the shows were cancelled abruptly.

"This is a blow for the general metal scene here in Florida" comments Camden Cruz. "Firestone was the place to go for your favorite mid-tier National Metal acts after House of Blues and stopped taking them. I believe that a mixture of greed and booking agents charging excessive guarantees created the mess that our scene is in today. Venues are getting angry because they are having to compensate bands out of the bar sales that don't draw what they are guaranteed. This drives prices up on everything when a venue owners want their cut as well. I want to bring a new type of show to the table where bands that work hard get what they deserve by getting a taste of the 'big venues', a place to showcase talent so to provide opportunities to open for nationals. Bands are encouraged to sell, but most importantly to perform well in their respective sub-genres and to be paid fairly. I work daily on reconstructing this scene. I will continue to do so and to build trustworthy relationships with venues and bands that share this vision. I encourage bands to stand against venues that do bad business. Florida used to be one of the top producers of metal back in the day and this is what we have to show for it now 15 and 20 years later. This is the reason we are in the mess that we are in, and it is a mess. It's up to us, and only us, to change that."