Gigantour and Iron Maiden @NJ

MEFlyingV said:
I'm going to both shows and will be hosting a tailgate party (beer, soda, some burgers and hot dogs) at PNC before Gigantour starts for the NYC tristate Metal Meetup group. But anyone can come!

I'll be in the preferred parking lot, a big tan Ford F-150 Super crew cab truck.

Drop me a PM if you want more info.

Check this link out also:

http://metal.meetup.com/172/events/5041619/
Sounds good.

Zod

Sadly I can't make either GIgantour Jersey date because I am working the closing shift those nights at my job. I did request off though for Thursday October 12 (Testament at Starland Ballroom) and October 13 (Iron Maiden at Continental Airlines Arena).

I would definately be at Maiden at the Tweeter Center, if I wasn't trapped at school without a car. Damn why can't any good metal bands play in State College?

Just saw the Gigantour show last night.

OVERKILL GOT THOSE MIDDLE-SCHOOL EMO KIDS TO DESTROY THEMSELVES! Biggest mosh pit of the night. They've been playing metal for a DECADE before these kids were born, and they STILL drove the kids nuts!!! We even got a sod-throwing war like I haven't seen in five years. It looked like the Civil War. A line at the top of the hill firing down, and the entire walkway firing back up the hill!

Into Eternity had terrible sound. Couldn't hear the snare drum, Tim's guitar was way too loud for each of his solos, and no freakin bass. They were having a helluva time on stage and a great reaction.

Arch Enemy was EVIL. Nuff said.

Opeth had such a good feel. Michael was hilarious! "Hello. We are Opeth. We are from stockholm. Stockholm is in Sweden. That means, we are Swedish people. We are a metal band, with whisps of death metal, black metal, rock, cock rock, and ballads. Which, are pretty much cock rock."

Went to eat and talked to a guy who saw Gamma Ray in Minnesota. Totally cool dude. Totally skipped Lamb of God, or, who we renamed, Jesus Sheep.

MegaDave and the Eidolon guys are so damned good together. Pyro bombs EVERYWHERE. The new song was very good, so I think I need to pick that album up soon! There was a group of kids behind me that were maybe in high school, if not younger than that, and they're thrashing away as if they were in the front row of the Peace Sells video! Brought a tear of joy to my eye.

That would be a semi-decent line-up, except for the fact that Opeth and Arch Enemy are both in the states a zillion times a year anyhow.

The actual Gigantour line-up is rather weak compared to some of the rumors (which of course are just rumors, though it did get a lot of people's hopes up)

Jasonic said:
That would be a semi-decent line-up, except for the fact that Opeth and Arch Enemy are both in the states a zillion times a year anyhow.
Agreed. Had they lined up two bands, of equal caliber, who I had never seen, I'd much more stoked for this show. As it's currently built...:Smug:

Zod

General Zod said:
Agreed. Had they lined up two bands, of equal caliber, who I had never seen, I'd much more stoked for this show. As it's currently built...:Smug:

Zod

I hear that!