good power or prog metal acts

MetalNations

Aug 29, 2002
In Space
What are some good power or prog metal acts from usa or canada that you would like to see live?

Myself would like to see. Exhibition, Zandelle, Gothic Knights

John-

Emerald Sword said:
Here's my list: Grave Digger, Rhapsody, Gun Barrel, Wizard, Running Wild, Gamma Ray, Axel Rudi Pell, and Star One / Ayreon to only name a few.
to think, all these bands were really from the US and Canada all along and just PRETENDING to be European...

Ryan

Actually, I had a brain fart there and missed the Canada & U.S.A part of the question. I was so excited about who I'd like to see live over here that I glanced over the most important part of the question. Oops! Well, shit happens!

JCMRecords said:
What are some good power or prog metal acts from usa or canada that you would like to see live?

John-
I've seen all three, more than once.

Exhibition is, by far, the best (live)!

JCMRecords said:

John-
Seven Seraphim. I think they are from the U.S. and they just released an album on LMP I believe.

Reign of Terror would be awesome live with Stump and Vescera, and the best band around from the U.S. would be Kamelot!!!! Kamelot should headline any festival in the U.S.!!!

Virgin Steele (!!!!!), Strapping Young Lad (though i think they might be a bit scary to some PP attendees), Into Eternity, Seven Witches, a Helstar reunion would be nice, Gordian Knot, Watchtower (reunion), Spastic Ink

and of course I'd be all about seeing Iced Earth, Nevermore, or Savatage but they all tour frequently enough that a Progpower slot would be a bit wasted (though maybe not savatage; they've been pretty quiet for the past several years)

Ryan (and why not get Manowar to headline PP?)