PROG OR POWER??

Are you more Prog or more Power??

• Prog

Votes: 48 52.7%
  • Power

Votes: 43 47.3%

• Total voters
I'm 80/20. Power being 80.

I think that's about where I stand on this one, so I'll vote power metal. :headbang:

I do like some progressive metal, but most of it is mixed with other elements (power, thrash, etc). Power Metal has that edge that was the reason that I got interested in music in the first place. Progressive metal is the music that I grew to appriciate later on in life and I think I'm more particular about what progessive bands I like because of that. When it comes to power metal - I'm ok with a little cheese, but too much can really kill a band in my opinion.

And sometimes I don't know what to call what I'm listing to, except that it is good. :D

I'm surprised Prog isn't dominating this poll as much as I thought it would, given the nature of most of the opinions on the forum. I think it goes without saying I voted for power. :lol:

I've been noticing that there has been a big influx of Power Metal fans to the forum in the past few months. Prog has ruled here for the most part, but the demographics are changing.

i like bands that blend them to the right level.

i dont like many bands that are just pure power cause usually they end up sounding really generic, thats just my opinion though.

overall id say i like the prog side alot better, theres alot more possibilities with prog, and alot of bands distinguish themselves better.

I'm more of a prog person myself. I enjoy a good number of power bands but I enjoy quite a few more prog bands. Also, I agree that when they are blended together it is even better.

Weird, for a 'vocal minority' the progmetal fans aren't speaking up as much in this thread. The poll stands at 46/40, prog to power, yet the responses in the thread are running more power than prog.

I voted prog, of course. I like quite a few power bands (hell, I'm sponsoring one), but progmetal is what brung me to the table. :D

Weird, for a 'vocal minority' the progmetal fans aren't speaking up as much in this thread. The poll stands at 46/40, prog to power, yet the responses in the thread are running more power than prog.

I voted prog, of course. I like quite a few power bands , but progmetal is what brung me to the table. :D
That sums up how I feel as well. It's now 48/41 Prog to Power. They way people have expressed themselves on this thread and on other threads, I'd think that Power would be dominating now.

BTW, since people asked for the 3rd option, I made a new poll (with 7 options lol). I'm sure Boob and others will tell me that I left some choices out. But, I didn't want to make the "every metal genre" poll either. Someone else can go to the Wikipedia and take on that daunting task! :loco:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/progpower-usa/276147-prog-power-3-option-poll-redux.html