Are you more Prog or more Power??

• Prog

Votes: 48 52.7%
  • Power

Votes: 43 47.3%

• Total voters
I prefer POWER!!!!!!!!!! over prog.

I love them all though...
Power/Prog/Thrash/Speed/Glam/Death/Doom/Black/Traditional/Viking/Celtic/Folk/Gothic....

It's hard to say, given just those two options.

I like a lot of power metal in the American style (thrashy, darker, not as bombastic), but I like almost no Europower, which seems to be the far bigger draw for Glenn.

I like a lot of what I consider prog metal, but those bands tend to be more musically involved than the prog bands Glenn books. I don't consider bands like Vandenplas or Threshold to be proggy at all.

But I realize I don't fit the mold here, so I'll shut up now. :p

No, that's cool man. I share exactly the same mindset. But I should also admit that I am about 90% power to 10% prog.

I'm surprised Prog isn't dominating this poll as much as I thought it would, given the nature of most of the opinions on the forum. I think it goes without saying I voted for power. :lol:

Personally, I am a Power person. Some Prog is OK, but I just like to get dirty, headbang and throw some horns!!

I am about the same way. I love power metal. I can take or leave prog, depending on the group and/or song.

For example, I didn't get into Zero hour at PP VII. They were way too prog for me. But this year's crop of prog bands are pretty good. Not too far off the prog deep end for me.

About a year ago you could have asked me this question and I would have replied by saying "Prog"?.....Would have voted Power for 99%. Sure I listened to a couple of bands that have some Prog in 'em (i.e. Symphony X), but just called all good metal that I listened to Power Metal. But within the last year I have tried to broaden my horizons and open my ears and mind to different types of metal a little more. And from reading here on the forum I have come to learn more about the classifications of different genres of metal. Now I'd say I'm more like 70/30 for Power. Gotta have my Power (with a little Prog)! :kickass: