Guitar Worlds top 100 metal guitarists

Spiff, I do agree with you re: Christopher Guest, he is a very good guitarist but I don't think a member of a 'joke' band should be included.

Tony Iommi is one of the most influentrial heavy metal guitarists yes, but is one of the top 100 best metal guitarists? I think not. His rhythm and solo work leaves much to be desired. Im not saying he is a good guitarist and he does deserve a spot on the Top 100 Most INFLUENTIAL Guitarist list but NOT on the 100 Greatest Metal Guitarists.

This is similiar to what I mentioned above. While Joe Perry has written some very cool riffs he isn't one of the GREATEST, influential yes, great..no.

Anyone can play like Dino Cazares but he gets the nod because he from a higher profile band. And Great riffs? What are you smoking.......

Again This is the TOP 100 GREATEST GUITARISTS!!!! Angus and Malcolm are influential yet they are hardly the same calibre as Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and Yngwie Malmsteen who are GREAT!.

I agree with you re: Anthrax somewhat. W.C.F.Y.A is an awesome album but Scott Ian didn't write much of the material on the album! Charlie Benante should get the credit as he is the main songwriter. While Scott Ian plays extremely well he isn't one of the GREATEST guitarists.

The March 2004 issue of Guitar World magazine includes a list of the 100 greatest heavy metal guitarists as selected by the magazine's staff. "This is not a list that ranks who can play the fastest or with the most taste, feeling or technique (although many players on our list have all of those arrows in their quiver)," the editors stress in the accompanying introduction. "It is, rather, a tribute to the great men who shit iron and piss stainless steel razor blades, and do it every time they plug into an amplifier."

And How Can You Have A Greatest Guitarist List When Those Factors Dont Come Into Factor. That Is Bullshit

I cant even believe im reading that Joe Perry and Tony Iommi are NOT two of the greatest guitarists ever.

I can't believe you think they are two of the greatest guitarists ever.

Tony Iommi is one of the greatest guitar gods of all time, whether he is technically that good a player or not, the same goes for Hendrix.

Everyone has different opinions, and when it comes to art, that is all a list like this can be, an opinion. It may be a collection of opinions, and may be very credible, but it still comes down to opinion and not fact.

So stop ya bitching!

i actually agree with Blitzy... polls suck because everyones opinions are different

No, Iommi and Perry are 2 of the greatest guitarists of all time, theres no disputing it, no arguments, no opinions, THEY ARE.

Oh boo hoo, you are about number 897 in line and if your skills at disposing of people are as bad as your grasp of the english language I have nothing to worry about.

actually ill take Blitzy off, he isn't annoying me lately but you are on.....