Hammerfall/ Edguy USA Tour Update

:headbang:
lucretia96 said:
Hammerfall make better music and better albums and have better singer so why does it suck? Edguy is the most overrated power metal band.

I remember when WASP threw chunks of raw meat into the crowd years back. I wonder if Hammerfall will throw chunks of cheese at their American audiences....

metal71 said:
:headbang:

I remember when WASP threw chunks of raw meat into the crowd years back. I wonder if Hammerfall will throw chunks of cheese at their American audiences....

I am sure the audience will come with pounds of their own cheese :)

As far as cheesy goes, to me Edguy is one of the cheesiest bands ever. Hammerfall can't even compare.

metal71 said:
OK - "High Speed Alien Drum Bunny"...(WTF?!?) I'll give you that one. But I bet Hammerfall go through the makeup and hairspray faster than Edguy...
Tobias is like a "troll" amongst metal musicians. He lurks around writing clever, interesting songs just to lull listeners into thinking he's serious then he hits 'em with an absolutely riduculous composition and sits back and laughs while the metal purists become apoplectic. I find him way more interesting then Mattias, our temporary forum tick. Tobias has almost as much talent as ego, whereas our resident dwarf has merely attitude and a burning desire to be noticed. :hotjump:

AMBR said:
Tobias is like a "troll" amongst metal musicians. He lurks around writing clever, interesting songs just to lull listeners into thinking he's serious then he hits 'em with an absolutely riduculous composition and sits back and laughs while the metal purists become apoplectic.

Yawn. Been there, done that. Tobias needs to get with the times.

To those wondering - my buddy told me they are selling tickets to a Phoenix show on August 31st......
As to the arguement/discussion as to who's better and who should be headlining - I say who cares!!!! I love 'em both and I'm stoked that they are both hitting the states (along with Strato later on and Nightwish this past year) and that they are both touring together to boot!!
I'll take the ham and cheese over the crap we are subjected to hear in the states any day!!
Cheers ~
Andy the Cheese in Hollyweird :)

Okay, I would love to go to this show in the Chicagoland area, the only problem is, they have not confirmed it on the website. I have seen that done before with other bands *cough*nightwish*cough*. I am goign to wait until they confirm it on one of the bands websites before I buy my ticket.

Edguy is good for a headliner too. I am glad that they are headlining, but I can see why people would be upset that they are because Hammerfall is just a tad more popular.

Stay Metal! \m/
saMetal:headbang:

Okay, I would love to go to this show in the Chicagoland area, the only problem is, they have not confirmed it on the website. I have seen that done before with other bands *cough*nightwish*cough*. I am goign to wait until they confirm it on one of the bands websites before I buy my ticket.

The way I understand it, the Nightwish tour was confirmed, but later had to be postponed. There's always a chance of these things happening, whether the band posts anything on their website or not. If you buy a ticket with the understanding that a certain band will be playing, and that band doesn't show up for some reason, the venue will generally give you a refund for your ticket if you so choose.

For example, I went to see Nevermore/Dimmu Borgir/Children of Bodom/Hypocrisy in Cleveland, and Dimmu Borgir's bus broke down on the way from Chicago. As a result, I only got to see the other three bands; however, I could have gotten my money back if I wanted.

So, I wouldn't worry about that part of it. And I'd buy a ticket sooner rather than later... the last two metal shows I went to in Chicago (other than Powerfest) were Blind Guardian/Symphony X, and Iced Earth/In Flames/Jag Panzer... and both were sold out by the date of the show.

Sorry about the Nightwish news. I thought that is what happened. I will get my ticket. It is not going to sell out in the next couple of months. I would rather be safe then sorry then go through all the hassle of getting a refund and everything. The show is not until Sept. anyways.

Keep Rockin'
saMetal:headbang:

29 at The Galaxy in Santa Ana, California*

30 at The Avalon in Los Angeles, California*

yes california dates! road trip for me as well! my friend wants to see them twice, we will see how is my pocket...

what do you guys thing is a better venue to see it?

Well, it looks like all dates are confirmed on Hammerfall's site. They list entire leg of 3 week tour. No real southern dates = SUCKS! No GA, No FL, No AL, No SC, No TN, No NC! Closest is Kentucky...damn...

I was hoping since Harmon (Edguy's webmaster) lives in GA we'd at least have one relatively close date for a road travel. KY is Aug 20, which is right around college courses starting again. It's a Saturday, but I work on campus so there is this 'rush' period where I work weekends. Damn