"Hellish Rock World Tour" Invades ProgPower USA"

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
"Hellish Rock World Tour Invades ProgPower USA IX"

Power metal legends Helloween & Gamma Ray will bring their Hellish Rock World Tour to ProgPower USA IX on Thursday, September 25th. This marks the first confirmed North American date for the prestigious tour.

Exclusive support for the Atlanta date will be provided by Denmark's Manticora.

"It took a while, but we finally got it done. Between this added show and the festival roster, I don't think it gets any better here in the States" said promoter Glenn Harveston.

Tickets will go on sale March 15, 2008 at 10 a.m. EST at all Ticketmaster outlets. Please help support ProgPower USA by using this link when purchasing your tickets: Hellish Rock World Tour Ticketmaster Link

I must admit, I'm somewhat disappointed. I was very much hoping for the return of either Redemption, Pagan's Mind or Vanden Plas to this year's showcase. Obviously, the math makes sense, and if I was in Glenn's position I would have done the same thing.

Zod

Hey, this helps in two ways! First, it saves me the trouble of having to worry about when the tour comes around up here. Second, I'm going to miss Saturday night so I can be back in Valpo for my daughter's birthday, and this definitely adds value (*) to the early part of the week that I'll be there for!

(* at least I think it does, not knowing who may have played the Showcase otherwise...)

Ken

Okee dokee. We've got another special acoustic night on Wed (last year was awesome). Instead of a variety of Showcase bands, we have a full tour night of the two genre-spawning power metal bands. Then we have PP with 2 more bands than usual.

1) Wow

2) Sleep? We don't need no stinkin' sleep.

3) Some people might not like the majority of power metal bands, but no one can complain about the sheer size of this fest.

4) Wow.

Steve in Philly

As an FYI...

I expect a rapid sell-out due to the demand from not only the regular festival attendees, but the local Atlanta market as well since this is an individual show with obvious "name" recognition on a street level in the metal community. Please keep that in mind when considering when to purchase your tickets.

Glenn

excuse me while I pick up my jaw. Which seems to be somewhere in the vicinity of below the floor.

That is TEH ROX. So this date will be added into the show itself, no extra tickets needed?

edit: Didn't think so either. I'm still there.

Curious, since Ticketmaster does not have ProgPower USA IX tickets listed for sale on Saturday yet...