"Hellish Rock World Tour" Invades ProgPower USA"

I must admit, I'm somewhat disappointed. I was very much hoping for the return of either Redemption, Pagan's Mind or Vanden Plas to this year's showcase. Obviously, the math makes sense, and if I was in Glenn's position I would have done the same thing.

Zod
I was hoping for the Vanden Plas return this year as well. Helloween and Gamma Ray is a pretty big deal though, so it's a no brainer from Glenn's standpoint.

Britt

So let me get this straight... in three days time, we will have an opportunity to see Helloween, Gamma Ray, Iced Earth, and Jon Oliva's Pain... not to mention so many more great bands... :worship:

Oh man, I gotta get in shape. :loco:

I am either A) gonna get fired from my job or B) not have enough days off to take christmas vacation this year, cause between these awesome news, and the fact that Gigantour, Dimmu Borgir and Pagan Fest are gonna be on the same weekend in April my leave time will be gone!!

Yeah, this is pretty darn cool. One of the few ways I could get excited about Gamma Ray and Helloween being announced anymore is if they were on the same bill.... and they are. This is the nostalgia show I've been waiting to see and will undoubtedly put asses in the seats very quickly.

Now if only Kiske could make a guest appearance for a few tunes....

Jason

Link for this Saturday's sales will be up tomorrow. Link for the Thursday show will be up next week.

I've been a bit preoccupied this past week.

Sorry Glenn, I was not trying to say you had not done something.:erk: I was just curious why Ticketmaster did not have a page set up already for the tickets that go on sale in 3 days. I need to purchase 2 for the daughters.:)

This tour would never have made it within a reasonable driving distance of me. Sad to see the showcase go, but now I get to see an amazing tour I probably would have had to miss. Thanks Glenn for making more dreams come true.

That is amazing! That will probably turn out to be my favorite part of the weekend. I honestly don't think I could handle anything more.

I realize how huge this is, but you can count me out. Just not a big power metal fan in general, and I haven't listened to Helloween since Keeper Part II. I doubt anyone else who will be in town Thursday will not be going, but in case there are any others with obviously zero taste out there, let me know. ;)

I must admit, I'm somewhat disappointed. I was very much hoping for the return of either Redemption, Pagan's Mind or Vanden Plas to this year's showcase. Obviously, the math makes sense, and if I was in Glenn's position I would have done the same thing.

Zod

Zod pretty much echoes my thoughts on this. It is a very smart decision by Glenn, and I suspect it will sell out very, very quickly, and be a very successful night for the PP fest. Great job on pulling this off.

dt

I most certainly was not expecting to read this news!

Wow, Helloween. Talk about giving me flashbacks, this is amazing.