"Hellish Rock World Tour" Invades ProgPower USA"

So let me get this straight... in three days time, we will have an opportunity to see Helloween, Gamma Ray, Iced Earth, and Jon Oliva's Pain... not to mention so many more great bands... :worship:

Oh man, I gotta get in shape. :loco:

I hear ya man! Time to start taking those multi-vitamins and banking my sleep (ha ha)!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I will never doubt your lordship again! You are the man. God bless you. :kickass::headbang::worship:

I must admit, I'm somewhat disappointed. I was very much hoping for the return of either Redemption, Pagan's Mind or Vanden Plas to this year's showcase. Obviously, the math makes sense, and if I was in Glenn's position I would have done the same thing.

Zod

And how is this different from Paganfest/Powerfest? See I told you other festivals do this. It shouldn't take away from the show one bit! :)

My thoughts:

The Good: Jesus Christ! This is not just pulling the rabbit out of the hat, this is pulling out the whole goddamned rabbit litter! This is an INSANE announcement! Only Glenn can pull something like this off. Shane should be honored to be under Glenn's wing, as the master showed the student how it is done.

Now, I Got news for you, this is the strongest lineup of the three days. Having Helloween and Gamma Ray share the stage, with a REAL possibility of Kai Hansen joining Helloween for a few numbers, is worth the Gold Badge price by itself. Sure, Jon Oliva is a legend, and Barlow is back with Iced Earth, but this was 20 years in the making. A historic acheivement that most believed would NEVER EVER happen. Glenn, you are GOD, Exclamation point!

I realize how huge this is, but you can count me out. Just not a big power metal fan in general, and I haven't listened to Helloween since Keeper Part II. I doubt anyone else who will be in town Thursday will not be going, but in case there are any others with obviously zero taste out there, let me know. ;)

Me...:wave: I'm in for alternative plans!:kickass:

As far as I'm concerned this is a great line-up. I've only seen Helloween once before but thought they were really good live at that time so I expect more of the same this time around. Gamma Ray and Manticora, however, I've never seen live so I can't wait for those two to take the stage! :headbang:

WHAT!!!!! NO SAY IT AIN"T SO JOE????? What am I gonna do??? :cry::cry:

How come?

Doh... just for Thursday or the entire weekend?

Won't be there at ALL. Money, vacation time, dad issues, and generally getting fugged over by my family, which are directly responsible for the first 2items. I'm far from thrilled with the whole situation. Shoot me a PM, and I'll give you more details if needed...

And how is this different from Paganfest/Powerfest?
Wow... you have quite an affinity for beating dead horses.

The essence of my point about CPF and Paganfest, is that they're separate events. And if you look at how Glenn is billing this, he's billing it as a separate event. Look at the title of the thread and/or the blurb on the PPUSA web site. Additionally, there are no three day packages. These are being sold and billed, separately. Do you think if the "Hellish Rock World" gig fails to sell out (not that it will) on Thursday and ProgPower does sell out, Glenn won't consider ProgPower a sell out?

See I told you other festivals do this.
When did I ever claim other festivals don't incorporate tours?

It shouldn't take away from the show one bit! :)
I never claimed it would. All I ever said is, from my perspective, they're different events.

For the last time... you view this one way, I view it another. I'm not sure why the fact that not everyone sees things as you see them, bothers you so.

Zod