How to use Ticketmaster

Caldias

New Metal Member
Apr 16, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
I had a questions about Ticketmaster. Would you think I would have a fairly good chance at getting a ticket for this show if I went to Ticketmaster right when they opened on July 1st?

Hello Caldias
Not sure how Ticketmaster works in the States, so I will tell you what I do in Canada. (Hope this makes sense to you)

Lets say tickets went on sale Saturday for a show I want to see in Toronto, I call Ticketmaster in a different part of the country. For example, You could call Ticketmaster in a different state then you live in. You have a better chance of getting through on the phone because the band you want to see is not on sale at that time in that state. Ticketmaster will sell you tickets for any show in any part of the country.

I tell the person on the phone to send my tickets to my house or box office in the town I want to see the show.

It just costs me the long distance call, but the tickets are always great. Seems very simple but it works.

Hope this helps.
Good luck with your tickets:cool:
Constantine

Your call the out of town strategy works well. However, I would think that would apply more towards when a show is going to be drawing from a single local scene. The festival will be drawing people from over 40 states and 15 countries to my knowledge so far.

I don't even think if you lived in Atlanta it would make a difference in calling local or out of state.

The question is whether it would worth it to call, get in line (when it opens) or use the online system. I have no answer for that when folks ask me so I would like to see some input here from everyone.

Glenn

Thanks for your input guys.

I think I'll go to my local ticket master outlet as the event comes closer, and see if they'll be selling tickets the day tickets go on sale. If not, hi ho, hi ho, off to the phone I go.

I've gone through all 3 TicketBasterd methods of buying tickets. If you don't have a credit card, go in person the day they go on sale. Most physical outlets only take cash, and for an event like this, you'll probably be the only person in line when they open. You also avoid the "per order" charges they tack on for web and phone orders. I've tried ordering over the phone. Big mistake. Busy signal central. If you have a credit card and are kind of lazy (like me) roll out of bed five minutes before they go on sale online and get ready to click refresh until you're allowed to order. I've gotten good tickets for high demand shows this way. And web servers are less likely to be busy as hell than phone lines. There is that per order charge, but I know I have more control over the process (don't have to wait for someone else to ask how to spell "ProgPower" and ask when it is, while tickets fly away).