UPS And Ticketmaster- 2 Companies United In Quality Service

Walter_Langkowski

Neuroses Facilitator
:erk:

There aren't enough messed-up smilie emoticons to put for what I think about those two right now. The short of it is...

-Ordered PP tickets on April 1. Utilized the UPS shipping for $14 more because I am moving at the end of the month and I didn't want to risk the U.S. Postal service getting them lost.

-Got the tickets on April 5. Good job by UPS. Not so good job by Ticketmaster as my tickets were part of the batches with NO barcodes attached to them. Ticketmaster then calls that Friday to let me know they will be re-printing them and re-sending them. Okay fine.

-Wait, wait, wait. Still waiting for my tickets from UPS as of yesterday when I track them online. According to the UPS website, they have been delivered to the front door. Oh good. The only problem is that front door so happens to be in Westchester, Pennslyvania. That is a few miles away from both the state of Illinois and my address in particular. Starting to feel my frustration yet?

-Then I called UPS on the phone and they indeed did confirm that they were delivered to PA. So then I called Ticketmaster (yeah, now THAT'S FUN). After almost 30 minutes of waiting/bouncing around/more waiting, they finally told me that I will have to be put on their will-call list at the venue. They will refund my $14 for the (lack of) UPS delivery, but I won't physically have tickets until I get to the venue in September.:erk: :puke:

Much love to both UPS and Ticketmaster.:erk: :mad:

Glenn, is there any room on the Gold Badge list?

sorry i totally feel your pain, but when i saw your title i laughed because i knew it would be a horror story like this.

how can Ticketbastard and UnitedPieceofShite still be business? I have no idea.

Kenneth R. said:
sorry i totally feel your pain, but when i saw your title i laughed because i knew it would be a horror story like this.

Thanks dude. I hear what you're saying about the title. I have a gift of sarcasm.:)

Well, as far as UPS goes, I'm sure they're still around because they probably still succeed more times in deliveries than fail.

But as far as TicketBastard goes....well that is a baffling mystery indeed because their service/prices are just the standard torchbearer for dogshit business.

Kenneth R. said:

Oh, this one I know. United Pieceo' Shit, as well as FedExcrement and most big shipping companies nawadays cater to big, multimillion $$$ businesses. Mistakes are gonna happen, and they of course can't screw up with the big corporation's shipments, so we get the short end of service. Just take a close look at their commercials. Most are targeting corporations. I understand choosing UPS for a very specific set of circumstances. Otherwise I recommend the USPS to everyone. They're not perfect, but can still focus on individuals.

As for Ticketbastards, well pretty much thay have everyone by the balls. You will stay in business if you can bully your way through.

As for the thread title, sarcasm is always brilliant.

I feel your pain. I did the ticketfast thing for the same moving reasons, and we all know how that went. I did manage to get them after about a dozen retries though!

However, UPS has been the best courier to my (current) residence. Never have any problems and they always leave my stuff just inside the door (and only one other person live there, so if things go missing, I can pretty well guess who it'd be!), where as USPS and fedex always make me come pick it up if I'm not at home :(
The only problem I've ever had is when the place I ordered from accidentally transposed the zip code and my stuff spent a week in package purgatory.

actually, I ordered my tickets and chose the 'print tickets by email' option.

I got an email confirming that I'd get another email with the tickets to print.
but I have yet to recieve that email.

I ordered my tickets two weeks ago and still nothing.

anyone else have that problem?

Walter_Langkowski said:
After almost 30 minutes of waiting/bouncing around/more waiting, they finally told me that I will have to be put on their will-call list at the venue.

Oh Walter don't feel that bad. I also on will call since Ticketmaster doesn't have an option to purchase tickets outside USA and send them to an USA (or foreign) physical address (I was able to do so with the pre-party tix but that was another company).

I suppose we will meet at the will call line then :D

NP: Megadeth - 'Into The Lungs Of Hell'

synflower said:

Yes, about half the people in this board that chose that option.

synflower said:

"Thank you for ordering with TicketMaster my friend... how can our company screw you today..." That shoul be their new slogan. Hail Pearl Jam...

Kenneth R. said:

My father worked for UPS for 33 years delivering packages weighing up to 75 pounds. For a lone driver this is considered acceptable. He's been bitten by dogs, broken his foot, plus other job related ailments, dealt with snow in the winter and boiling heat in the summer for the sake of his job. Try doing that yourself before ripping on them.

I ordered my PP tickets on April 1 and the Pre-show party tix on April 8. I have my pre-show tix but still nothing with my PP tix. I assume it has something to do with the barcode problem involved with Ticketmaster, and the pre-show being on Ticket Alternative. As long as I get my tix sooner than later I have no real complaints. Minus Ticketmaster sucking, as always. Cheers!