Ticketmaster email with tixs

I got a refund for the TicketFast option since they are snail mailing me my tickets. This is the first time I've had issues with the TicketFast option. In the past it has worked perfectly. Just appears that they have some incompetent IT people running the backend of their system operations. But thats just my opinion, I could be wrong :)

After 4 days and emailing every day about it, I FINALLY RECEIVED MY TICKETFAST TICKETS!!!! It looks like the squeaky wheels are getting the oil in this case. *HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF* For those of you who don't have your ticketfast tickets yet, keep trying.

TychoCelchu said:
After 4 days and emailing every day about it, I FINALLY RECEIVED MY TICKETFAST TICKETS!!!! It looks like the squeaky wheels are getting the oil in this case. *HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF* For those of you who don't have your ticketfast tickets yet, keep trying.

how many email addresses did you try? was it the same one? was it HOTMAIL or yahoo?

booB said:
Why would you have them email you the tickets, when you have five months before the show to have them mail them to you? I'm just not understanding how it's better, or more convenient, considering how many things can go wrong with email, compared to snail mail.

I have had tickets lost in the mail. The only thing then is that they force you to use will call when you are finally allowed to tell them 100% without a doubt that they were lost in the mail which is 48 hours prior to the event. That really isn't convenient for an out of town show.

enki3600 said:
how many email addresses did you try? was it the same one? was it HOTMAIL or yahoo?

I tried 2 times with one email address, a university account. I tried again with my work email. The fourth time, I went back to the university account, and that's what worked. If yahoo/hotmail are the only email addresses you have, I would recommend either switching to post-mail, or if you've got a friend with a bigger account, try telling ticketmaster to send it there. Really though, I think its the sheer amount of times you keep telling them to send you the tickets that matters moreso than what address you're having them send it to. Just clean out your hotmail account (that way you have enough free space to receive the ticket, which clocks in at 35 kb per ticket). GOOD LUCK!

TychoCelchu said:
I tried 2 times with one email address, a university account. I tried again with my work email. The fourth time, I went back to the university account, and that's what worked. If yahoo/hotmail are the only email addresses you have, I would recommend either switching to post-mail, or if you've got a friend with a bigger account, try telling ticketmaster to send it there. Really though, I think its the sheer amount of times you keep telling them to send you the tickets that matters moreso than what address you're having them send it to. Just clean out your hotmail account (that way you have enough free space to receive the ticket, which clocks in at 35 kb per ticket). GOOD LUCK!

I know space isn't an issue, I've got all of 100 emails in my hotmail account and it isn't even approaching the limitation. I've tried hotmail, yahoo, gmail and my work account, in that order, and nada...
Thanks for the info, I'll try telling them to send it to yahoo again or something.
I can't imagine the 2.50/ticket price of that is making them any money with all the support and crap they are having to dish out. It must take their tech support geniuses an hour to read the email at least! :heh:

After my 5th call to them, I finally received my tickets via email. What a pain in the A$$!!

I say next year we have Glenn himself making the tickets at home and mailing them to everybody.

Handwritten tickets would rule!

That's a lot of work for Glenn. We should just make our own tickets! Then we can paypal Glenn the money. Once he receives 900 paypal emails, he can declare the show sold out. MUCH better system than this ticketmaster gaffe.

TychoCelchu said:
That's a lot of work for Glenn. We should just make our own tickets! Then we can paypal Glenn the money. Once he receives 900 paypal emails, he can declare the show sold out. MUCH better system than this ticketmaster gaffe.

:Smokin:

Finally got my tickets!! :headbang: And they DO have the barcode!!:kickass:

There must be motherfucking snakes in ticketmotherfuckingmaster.

enki3600 said:
Also, those of you that changed from ticketfast to post... DID YOU GET A REFUND ON THE TICKETFAST OPTION?!?

Yes, but I had to ask for the refund over the phone. I tried to e-mail TM about pricing adjustments if I changed my receipt option to snail mail, but they never answered the question -- I just got the same stock answer over and over again about the e-mail being bounced, etc., etc..

You'd better believe I'm going to double-check my credit card statement -- and will complain loudly if the $2.50 hasn't been reversed. It's not like $2.50 will even buy me a gallon of gas here, but it's better off in my pocket than TicketDisaster's... :mad:

LunaTEKKE said:
-- and will complain loudly if the $2.50 hasn't been reversed. It's not like $2.50 will even buy me a gallon of gas here, but it's better off in my pocket than TicketDisaster's... :mad:

It's a matter of principle. I'm sure everyone here will be behind you. If you were $2.50 short, Ticketbastard wasn't going to sell you the tickets.

I was told over the phone that my $2.50 would be refunded...we'll see if that actually happenes or not.

:mad: O.K. this is the response I received, apparently TicketFast is not a delivery option for Earthlink. Would have been nice to know that when first ordered... :mad:

>Thank you for contacting us. We apologize for any inconvenience.
> Regretfully ticketFast is not a delivery option for
> this venue. You may select an alternate delivery
> method below and we will issue you a credit in the
> amount of $2.50 for the email delivery fee:
>
>
> Standard U.S. Mail- no additional charge
> Will Call- no additional charge
> UPS 3-Day Air Economy: $14.50 - Delivered weekdays
> by 7:30pm.
> UPS 2-Day Air Standard: $18.50 - Delivered weekdays
> by 5:00pm.
> UPS 2-Day Air Priority: $19.50 - Delivered weekdays
> by 10:30am.
> UPS Saturday Delivery: $25.00 - Delivered Saturdays
> by 12:00pm.
>
> Please reply and advise us on hoe to proceed, in the
> mean time, we will have your order on a pending
> status.

MysticX9 said:
:mad: O.K. this is the response I received, apparently TicketFast is not a delivery option for Earthlink. Would have been nice to know that when first ordered... :mad:

If that were so, no one would have gotten their tickets. There are few of us that have gotten them with ticketfast, but only after persistently contacting Ticketbastard. I was lucky enough to straighten everything yesterday, with only one phone call.

As for email from customer service, I noticed something weird. They were actually asking for my info after I had clearly written my confirmation number in the subject line. They were asking me to reply with my credit card number!!!!! Paranoid as I am, I didn't think it was a legit e-mail and did not reply.

Jurakan said:
If that were so, no one would have gotten their tickets. There are few of us that have gotten them with ticketfast, but only after persistently contacting Ticketbastard. I was lucky enough to straighten everything yesterday, with only one phone call.

I get the feeling they changed their policy on it midstream after so many problems, because originally it was listed as an option. Oh well, they are sending them via Standard U.S. Mail so no worries (I hope)...

Funny how they say, "Ticketfast is not an option for EARTHLINK," like they're trying to blame it on the venue and not their own failure. But as long as my ticketfast stays valid, I'm good to go.