I can't make up my mind about PC69

Unfortunately, the only bands i care about at this point are Symphorce and Stratovarius. The rest is very mediocre at best to me. Although I will give evryone a chance except for Manticora (just don't see it or hear it with them). Just a weird year for me as i only have albums from two of the bands announced. That usually does not happen as I have a very diverse and extensive cd collection. Before people jump down my throat, I am not complaining, just simply stating a point of view. With that said, I am looking forward to the final announcement on March 8!!!

I am making a come back this year to see Strato and Pink Cream 69. I personally don't care too much about the other bands.

dargormudshark said:
I like them, from what I have heard I am just not real excited about seeing them :erk: Anybody feeling this way about any of the other bands. :confused:

You know, there are a few band here that I could do without. However, I am not going to mention them because I have complained enough about it. I would like to mention the one band that I feel I will enjoy the most. CIRCUS MAXIMUS.

This band sounds right up my alley. Sure I will enjoy Stato,but Maximus is the one that really peaks my interest at this point. I believe them to be the diamond in the rough this show.

Ciircus Maximus should turn it up to 11.

I like PC 69, but the music is a bit simple. They make Hammerfall look like Dream Theater.

But that kind of music should actually work really well live, especially following Stride and Symphorce. We'll need some lighter entertainment after those bands, to get ready for Therion and Stratovarius. As usual, Glenn knows just how to pace the festival.

At this point, with the exception of Stratovarius, I'm most excited about PC 69. I think this band is incredible and can't wait to hear their stuff live.

Mind you, I like Symphorce and Orphaned Land..just not as excited to see them.

Stride, Circus Maximus....I'd like to hear their debut albums before I get excited (I like the samples).

Manticora, Therion...I'll watch them.

I'm looking forward to seeing every band on the lineup so far!!!! THERION being my number 1, although its hard to listen to there cd's all the way through, the singing can get out of hand, but the live show is going to be incredible..................ORPHAND LAND, is not far behind, bring on the death vocals....they are going to be the BRAINSTORM of last year........STRIDE, really sounds like something on my end of the spectrum.........CIRCUS MAXIMUS gets me exited because there fairly new band as with STRIDE.......SYMPHORCE should put on a great show,ANDY FRANCK is one of my fav. vocalist.......BRAINSTORM is fucking great..........MANTICORA, im going to give a shot, want to hear more thrash influence though..........PINK CREAM 69, will be refreshing, love the new album........STRATO, well i will enjoy their set out of respect.... not to big of a fan.........the lyrics just suck, and that voice........

well sonofabitch, this will be my first year, but like the others i've heard of very few of these bands, and up until last week i only owned a few therion and strato cd's.. but now i like pretty much all of them to some degree, and i'm now stoked about seeing orphaned land(bought mabool), cm, and to a lesser extent manticora, and stride, and i haven't heard enough pc69 or symphorce to really gauge how well i like them, though the sound is something i know i will enjoy

So I'm with you. This seems like a very community styled event, not a hundred thousand at the Coliseum. And from all I've heard about these bands so far, the live shows are kickass regardless of what style of music you like

hey, no need for namecalling :D and yes, all performances are great. but people like the ones above are the exact reason why half the venue was gone by the time rage started their set a couple years ago. i was embarrassed to be an american then. rage will never be back in the states i'm assuming because of that. there's too much pickiness going on sometimes

wow, that sucks.. in a small atmosphere like that you cant pull crap like that.. just take a seat or something, dont ruin the bands fun(or everyone elses). but im sure there will be some responses "i can do what i want, i paid for it" and i guess thats valid, just not cool in my book(not that it matters i guess)

ah, and i see its sonofbitch.. not sonofabitch.. sorry if that confused my meaning

I can't really say I am very excited about any of these bands, except Therion, but they are going to tour US anyway, so I am not sure whether to make the long journey or not. Last year's lineup was much more awesome: with Kamelot, Tad Morose, Savatage, Wuthering Heights, too bad I didn't go cause of the damn hurricane.

Orphaned Land is going to be awesome. I was never really a Strato fan, but the rest of the lineup rocks.

I've never heard PC69 before, but from the clips on their site i must say I'd probably enjoy them a lot. straightforward melody hardrock.

Silent Song said:
Orphaned Land is going to be awesome. I was never really a Strato fan, but the rest of the lineup rocks.

I've never heard PC69 before, but from the clips on their site i must say I'd probably enjoy them a lot. straightforward melody hardrock.

Yeah I heard many good things about Orphaned Land, but don't have their cds yet and from one song I wasn't sure exactly what type of music they play, but it sounded pretty good.

SoNofBitcH said:
hey, no need for namecalling :D and yes, all performances are great. but people like the ones above are the exact reason why half the venue was gone by the time rage started their set a couple years ago. i was embarrassed to be an american then.

In fairness to many of the fans who were not in there to see Rage, Evergrey had to hold their only autographing session of the weekend during Rage's headlining set because they'd arrived on Saturday, and a lot of fans -- myself included -- got in line for 'em. I'm sure Rage was cool and all, but to many longtime ProgPower attendees, Evergrey's kinda like family.

Regarding the bands, I'm most looking forward to Therion (gee, really?) and Orphaned Land....

Circus Maximus and Manticora should both be good, judging from what I've heard (just got Manticora's latest in the mail, too).

I'm ambivalent toward Stratovarius but I've had a few of their CDs for ages and I've been 'rediscovering' them of late, and it should be a good show regardless (and, of course, a bit of metal history, as so many ProgPower appearances are).

I saw Stride's pre-show party performance and thought they were really good, and if Symphorce is even half as entertaining live as Brainstorm was last year, we should be in for a treat there as well. PC69 sounds solid; not really my cuppa but their live show should be good.

Grand total: 3 bands whose CDs I had before Glenn's announcements, now grown to 4.

So, PPUSA 6 is a bit of a 'year of discovery' for me as well, but I have no doubts that it will kick all sorts of ass regardless of who Glenn's two headliners are...and as someone very discerningly observed earlier, Glenn is a master of scheduling and pacing. :headbang:

PC69...Ugh...hell, double Ugh. There are way, way too many bands out that are more worthy of being at PP. And those same bands are probably alot more interesting. I can only imagine that PC69 is the "bargain basement" band. they probably only charged a "buck fitty" to come to America and play. Anyways...their slot will be great shopping time :tickled:. Assuming the next 2 bands are good & I go.