Iced Earth tour dates...

Iced Earth's Powerfest performance was the worst IE performance I have ever seen (I have seen them 5 times total)

It wasn't all the band's fault though as there were major sound issues throughout. Maybe you didn't know if you were up front, but the vocals cut out about 4 or 5 times throughout the set.

Also, Matt seemed very uncomfortable just "standing" on stage during the instrumental parts of songs, as opposed to headbanging when he had his long mane. Sounds petty, but his hair was a major visual factor of an older Iced Earth gig.

If it was your first IE gig, then yeah, I suppose it would have been a good show for ya. No one I ever talked to who has seen them previously thought much of that performance.

I don't think it was a bad performance at all, I just think it didn't have the feel of the last time I saw I.E. (never saw em with Ripper).
For it being Matt's first show being back in the band and also being the bass player's first show with I.E. as well it was pretty good. It did surprise me that they kept it very basic onstage. No intro tape or anything they just walked onstage and started playing.
The sound issues did suck, it was more of an inconvenience for the audience for about a minute but they cleared up and the show went on. The band didn't even notice since the monitors kept working. I don't think that the sound issues affected their performance at all.

Nothing and I mean NOTHING will ever top the Iced Earth/In Flames/Jag Panzer show at the Metro in '02. Nothing.

There was also a time I believed cars would fly in the year 2000.

Ah come on, like Iced Earth bigger than Metallica is any better... :lol:

You just killed my teenage dream. :mad: <----mean face.

Iced Earth's Powerfest performance was the worst IE performance I have ever seen (I have seen them 5 times total)

It wasn't all the band's fault though as there were major sound issues throughout. Maybe you didn't know if you were up front, but the vocals cut out about 4 or 5 times throughout the set.

Also, Matt seemed very uncomfortable just "standing" on stage during the instrumental parts of songs, as opposed to headbanging when he had his long mane. Sounds petty, but his hair was a major visual factor of an older Iced Earth gig.

If it was your first IE gig, then yeah, I suppose it would have been a good show for ya. No one I ever talked to who has seen them previously thought much of that performance.

The Pearl Room had that audio problem A LOT the last year or so it was open. Not their fault, true but it did detract from the performance so I agree with that.

I also felt that Matt seemed a bit uncomfortable on stage and it just didn't seem to me they clicked as well as at progpower in my opinion. I think the reason people hated the pp one and I could be mistaken is A. The setup took forever and so people probably thought due to that it better be worth it and B. The end didn't go well due to the rig being blown. Besides that though, the performance itself I felt was really energetic and well done.

The other funny thing is that you mention Jasonic is that if it was your first IE performance you could see someone liking it. It was my first experience of them and while it was okay at times, I wasn't blown away and was then skeptical about seeing them at Progpower and enjoyed it. Though it seems I'm in a huge minority there.

I bought the download of SOL when it was released and recently broke it out again.
I can honestly say I enjoy it more than the last couple Iced Earth albums. It's definitely simpler than those albums, but that has some appeal.
It definitely sounds like it's from the heart.

Wish they were playing more dates.

Iced Earth need to listen to Storm Rider, then kick themselves in the ass, then put out a Killer ripping cd!! another disc like the last 2 and i am done with them as well.:ill:

The other funny thing is that you mention Jasonic is that if it was your first IE performance you could see someone liking it. It was my first experience of them and while it was okay at times, I wasn't blown away and was then skeptical about seeing them at Progpower and enjoyed it. Though it seems I'm in a huge minority there.

I suppose all I meant is that if you never saw them before you would have nothing to compare it to. I mean, an IE off night is still a lot better than a large majority of bands out there today right?

It's kind of like when people who have never seen Metallica question whether or not to see them live these days. Kind of like with KISS too. If you have seen them in the past, you would probably say that unfortunately, these bands seem to lose more and more steam each tour. Though, it is still definitely worth seeing if you have never seen them.

Nothing and I mean NOTHING will ever top the Iced Earth/In Flames/Jag Panzer show at the Metro in '02. Nothing.

I was there! And also at the next night's show at Harpo's in Detroit. I give the Harpo's show the slight edge, just because so many of my friends from the Iced Earth forum were there, and the local openers (Summer Dying) were amazing.

And: it's a toss-up for me between this tour, and the tour with Iced Earth/Jag Panzer/The Quiet Room from 1998.

I was at a Manowar show where I got flyers for the Iced Earth / Jag Panzer / Quiet Room shows in the Chicago area.

I had just gotten back into metal again after being out of it for a very long time, so at the time, Iced Earth to me was "That band whose CDs I see that apparently must be influenced by Maiden"!! :lol: I am sure gigs on that tour were solid.

Somewhere, I have a VHS bootleg of IE from Detroit on the Something Wicked tour.

>>Nothing and I mean NOTHING will ever top the Iced Earth/In Flames/Jag Panzer show at the Metro in '02. Nothing.
<<

I was there too, that show was awesome! I was soooo into all 3 bands at the time. I think there might be a bootleg out there of that show somewhere.

Also say Iced Earth play at JJ Kelleys a year or two before that. I can't remember who opened. I want to say Nevermore but I'm not sure. We showed up early and got to watch soundcheck.

- Aaron

I suppose all I meant is that if you never saw them before you would have nothing to compare it to. I mean, an IE off night is still a lot better than a large majority of bands out there today right?

It's kind of like when people who have never seen Metallica question whether or not to see them live these days. Kind of like with KISS too. If you have seen them in the past, you would probably say that unfortunately, these bands seem to lose more and more steam each tour. Though, it is still definitely worth seeing if you have never seen them.

Agreed. I knew what you meant. Maybe I conveyed it wrong.

I think the show that IE did on "The dark Saga" tour at Jackhammers was MUCH better. they played twice in one night (1 all ages/ 1 over 21). That hands down was the best performance I have ever seen them play. Plus the turnout was minimal because of a downpour/ thunderstorm that night.

Plus the turnout was minimal because of a downpour/ thunderstorm that night.

And that's a good thing? I don't know about you but I don't really like concerts where it's not very packed. Even though I enjoyed it when Candlemass played the Pearl Room a couple of years ago, I felt it was pretty embarrassing how little amount of people there were and the experience probably would've been better if there were more.

And that's a good thing? I don't know about you but I don't really like concerts where it's not very packed. Even though I enjoyed it when Candlemass played the Pearl Room a couple of years ago, I felt it was pretty embarrassing how little amount of people there were and the experience probably would've been better if there were more.

never said it was a good thing or a bad thing. What it was was unique. It also showcased the bands integrity for playing two shows to such a small crowd. It never seemed to me that they didn't play 100% which shows alot about them as a band.

And BTW why should it matter what the crowd size is anyway? Isn't it about the music? I'd much rather have a band play at 100% than have a packed show and a band play at 10%. Plus when moving around proves difficult then your comment loses all merit.

I think the show that IE did on "The dark Saga" tour at Jackhammers was MUCH better. they played twice in one night (1 all ages/ 1 over 21). That hands down was the best performance I have ever seen them play. Plus the turnout was minimal because of a downpour/ thunderstorm that night.

So you went to this show and the one in '02?