If anyone's interested in a cancer update...

Not fun stuff:yuk: ...Back in March of 1991,I was diagnosed with Primary Angiitis of the Central Nervous System & ended up having 6 minor strokes because of it...
This is basically a autoimmune disease (Where good cells of the body start attacking others for unknown reasons) & they only report 25 cases of this stuff worldwide...:erk: ..Thankfully at the hospital I work at,One of the dosc there is an expert in this disease & the treatment for it is a combination of Chemo (I had Cytoxan taken IV) & corticosteroids (Prednisone)...It really sucked going from a slim 145 lbs. to 175 ,tho it was basically all water that I retained...
I only had to go to treatment once a month but I tell ya ,that one day a month really sucked & I was stupid enough for 4 of my treatments to go into work after having the treatments....
Plus another thing ya had to do was drink a glass of water every hour & pee for 24 hours afterwars because if ya didn't ,you could end up with bladder cancer from the chemo drug:cry:
So i know the chemo experience & hope yer bro gets better soon!!Maybe we'll even see him at PP 6.0??
If so ,please introduce yourselves!!
Krusty/Antithesis

Http://www.antithesis.cc

Oh you'll see him at PP6 allright.... just look for Manticora and he'll be the guy buying them endless drinks! Heh heh.

On a sour note, the bliomicin (sp?) really REALLY whupped him yesterday. We're trying to change the alternator on his car, and he just sat back on the ground and gave up. Overwhelming fatigue and tiredness set in. 30 seconds later he was crawling back into the house to go lie down. By dinnertime, he was shivering with a 101 fever, and puked up the smallest of meals he could bear to eat. Harsh puking. Burning puking cuz he no longer has a viable mucus lining in his esophagus. The doc said if his fever doesn't come down today, bring him in. So I may not get a full day of work here today.

Hardest part to accept, is that the bliomicin is supposed to cause a fever and fatigue. But this is a bit extreme. I'm calling the house every two hours or so today. When I left the house he was just laying in bed unable to sleep, and sounded allright, just very tired. Maybe by lunch he'll normalize.

Bryan, hope your brother breaks his fever. Just keep remembering that this is the last bout and keep positive like you have been. He's lucky to have a brother like you to help him through this. We can't wait to rock out with you guys at PPVI. I suspect your brother will be able to buy Manticora all the drinks he wants, as people from the board will all offer to buy him drinks :headbang:

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.