IRON MAIDEN/MEGADETH U.S. Tour 2013

Yeah, the places I could go are in conflict with PPUSA too but I guess that is life. Anyway, what with ProgPowerUSA, the kick off concert and the Kamelot/Delain show later in the month, I can't add one more event to September 2013. To bad because it is shaping up to be a helluva month!

Not complaining about there being a show in Raleigh, but why do we get the shaft for almost ALL of the Prog/Power bands, but we get giant stadium Iron Maiden Megadeth shows. I don't get it! Maybe they are relying on the giant redneck population of Raleigh to mistake Maiden for Lynyrd Skynyrd...

The Fu Manchu show in Raleigh in a couple weeks is purportedly being mistaken by the giant redneck population to be a Molly Hatchet/Axe show.

Might hit up Nashville.

As for that Cali show...WTF???????????????

Overkill playing BEFORE Sabaton?
Now I know that this forum has a LOT of Sabaton fans, and they are fine and all.
They are road warriors for sure.
But seriously?????????
Have those guys even earned the right yet to light Bobby's cigarettes, let alone play above them?

Sorry for the rant... Just sick of seeing Overkill CONSTANTLY getting the shaft in such lineups.
I mean they have been road warriors more CONSISTENTLY than anyone on that lineup, including Maiden.
I've not been able to catch Sabaton yet, but in Columbus, OH they played a bigger place than Overkill did their last time through, but I don't know how they drew because I didn't go.

Overkill played a little hole in the wall called Screamin' Willie's, and Sabaton played the Al Rosa aka "The Place Dime Got Shot." That place isn't huge but it's bigger than Willie's I think. At least the standing area is. Overkill SLAYS and they should be playing big halls because they bring it every damn night, but it's just not the case, sadly. They just aren't as big as it seems they should be to those like us who've been around the scene for years.

This show is today. It will be awesome to see Sabaton for a second time in a week. Though I wish it were a week later since we are still getting back on track from PP. Plus the fact that getting to this venue is a nightmare and the forecast calls for near 100 degree temps.