It's been 12 years already...

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
...but for many it may seem like yesterday. Exactly 12 years ago, Criss Oliva was being taken away from this world in a tragic car accident. Since I'm a big Savatage fan, I just thought I could maybe take a minute of my day and dedicate a thread to him. I am sure he was an inspiration to many, not only in this forum, but throughout the whole world.

May you rest in peace, Criss.
God Bless You.

Now Playing: Savatage - Believe

I was thinking all day today was something. Didn't realize it was the anniversary of Criss' passing until I read this post. Thanks for the reminder!

I still say one of the most underrated guitarists ever. I love his tone and his style. A shame he was taken so early.:cry:

RIP - Criss Oliva

Now Playing - Silk And Steel

I put an appreciation bulletin on myspace for him! I'll do it here too.. ALL HAIL CHRISTOPHER MICHAEL OLIVA!! R.I.P. BROTHER!

collage24pw.jpg

gandrcopy2ha.gif

criss_bw.jpg

www.crissoliva.com

LOGO.jpg

It's been 12 years, but you still live through the fans, and the music of SAVATAGE!

isnt it sad that usually the really good, innovative players leave us so soon?

Randy Rhoads?
Chriss Oliva?

Chuck fucking Schuldiner? how many of you wouldn't have LOVED Control Denied on Prog Power? damn. now i am really sad.:cry:

If I recall right too, this is the first anniversary of his death though since his wife has passed away.

May they be joined again happily in whatever lies after this!

Man...

Randy Rhoads
Cliff Burton
Chuck Shuldiner
Criss Oliva
Freddie Mercury
John Bonham
Dimebag Darrell

It's gonna be one amazing jam session to listen to once we all get up there... it's really sad. Yet we have something to remember them all by. So let's be glad of their gifts to us.

AMEN, say thankya for this thread. Criss is truly missed in my hallowed halls. I've been a Savatage fan since Dungeons came out 20 years ago. Criss was my favorite guitar player when we lost him (much as Randy Rhoads was before that) and I was heartbroken then and still am today. All the great music those two could have produced and never had the opportunity....sometimes life can be quite unfair.

LONG LIVE THE MUSIC OF CRISS OLIVA

NP: Savatage - Streets

RIP CRISS OLIVA! Was blaring Streets on Sunday night, reminiscing on exactly 2 years ago taking a road trip from Baltimore to Tampa for the 10th anniversary tribute for Criss, and then 11 months to the day seeing Savatage for a second time at Progpower V. RIP, dearest Criss.

I have a very short list of 'my favorite guitarists', and I'm proud to say that Criss has always remained near the very top. I was never able to see him play live and that's one of the few regrets in my life.

The Savatage library is one of my biggest, and the Ghost in the Ruins cd is one of my absolute favorites. That was the one cd I made sure Jon, Chris, and Killdrums autographed for me last year at PPUSA V. It means a lot to me.

Thank you Criss Oliva. :) I miss you and I'll always cherish your music.

~Hoyt.

I've been a big Savatage fan ever since the first time I heard "Gutter Ballet". Thank you Criss for all the great music you left behind. Through it your memory will live on forever. Rest in peace.

Now Playing: "When the Crowds Are Gone"