The next chapter on the Savatage Epic Novel

I despise The Beatles to be honest. I truly wish that Jon would just scale back The Beatles influence, but it's not on every song. It's mainly the ballads thank goodness.

~Brian~

I don't see how anyone can despise the Beatles. If it wasn't for them, many of the bands you and I love wouldn't exist. Ask most musicians, even metal musicians, i.e. Oliva, Ozzy, even fucking Lemmy, and 9 times out of 10 they will say their favorite band is the Beatles.

DT Jeff....The last track on FESTIVAL titled "Now" should fill that desire for a full-on piano ballad.
One of the best ballads JO has ever written imop!

\m/

I don't see how anyone can despise the Beatles. If it wasn't for them, many of the bands you and I love wouldn't exist. Ask most musicians, even metal musicians, i.e. Oliva, Ozzy, even fucking Lemmy, and 9 times out of 10 they will say their favorite band is the Beatles.

I hate the Beatles as well. I don't care if they influenced anyone though. I don't hear their music in most music I listen to, so it's all good.

I didn't say The Beatles didn't have their place in rock n roll history, because they do. With that said, their music is like nails on a chalk board to me, personally.

~Brian~

I didn't say The Beatles didn't have their place in rock n roll history, because they do. With that said, their music is like nails on a chalk board to me, personally.

~Brian~

I just find it interesting whenever people say that as they seem to be the one band that I don't know many people that dislike them. Not that their my favorite band but they are one of the best in my opinion.

I just find it interesting whenever people say that as they seem to be the one band that I don't know many people that dislike them. Not that their my favorite band but they are one of the best in my opinion.

I know, I realize I'm in the minority. With that said, when I see or hear them I just want to runaway screaming! :lol:

~Brian~

That's the key: you can respect them, and appreciate their contributions to modern rock and metal, but you don't have to LIKE them.

Personally, I can't stand AC/DC or Judas Priest. Never have, probably never will. Makes no sense given the rest of the metal genre I enjoy, and much like with The Beatles, I appreciate their place in the scene, I just don't LIKE them.

I dont really care for The Beatles, which is really interesting to me since I love the piano heavy 'Tage and JOP stuff. Though I dont mind at all the "darker" Beatles sogns I have heard.