It's Done

Atrox is more progressive metal from the king country of progressive, NORWAY. :devil: Monika Edvardsen, their singer, actually left after their most recent album, which was in 2003. They haven't done a new album since then. I don't think the music will be very good without her there. They don't have the whole keyboard focus so many bands with clean female vocals have. Progressive, bizarre, and guitars lay the foundation. Her other project (also split up now) was Tactile Gemma, which I read was just softer, more mellow material, with both her and her sister on vocals. I'd direct you to the Atrox website where you can download some songs, but the domain is up for sale now.....

Are they metal? It doesn't matter in terms of listening, just I was trying to look them up on metal-archives and can't find it unless I'm misspelling it or something.

Well.

This thread really did take a different turn than I expected to see.

Hmm. Interesting thoughts, opinions, points of view....

But I gotta give Glenn credit for being able to find balanced, efficient band rosters each year. There's always been about a 50% favor in the bands that I either really dug or specifically went to see, to the bands who didn't catch my ears or didn't impress me on their albums until they earned my respect live.

It's a tough job to balance the act between bands who deserve to be seen in America, and bands that NEED to be seen in America.

Off to photoshop my t-shirt.... ;)

Hahahah, yeah, I listen to all genres of metal.

Edit: Ah, I see now. I found them on Metal-Archives, didn't even look at the picture with the female singer, and thought it wasn't what you were talking about because it was doom/death metal. I see it now. :D

cool. let me know what you think? they are the only female singer band i like too much..

Barking Pumpkin said:
Hahahah, yeah, I listen to all genres of metal.

Edit: Ah, I see now. I found them on Metal-Archives, didn't even look at the picture with the female singer, and thought it wasn't what you were talking about because it was doom/death metal. I see it now. :D

I'm bored and sick at work so here goes (and don't hate the awesome graphic skills!)

pp7.gif

Yes, another Divinefire Friday opener, I like that bill too. TNT would be a cool PP addition, never thought of that. Could be like having PC69.

Should we start the Divinefire petition now? I plan on winning the Florida lotto Wednesday night, I could cover the bill sponsor-wise for them for sure. :loco:

Barking Pumpkin said:
I'd much rather have Atrox in terms of bands with female vocalists. Or for more of the "operatic" sound which has become so cliche, then Tristania.

are you familiar at all with Dark Moor? they have some badass female vox, from Alice Martin. she left and has a new band called Dreamaker. they kick ass too!!! would love to see Dreamaker play a pre-party, or maybe an opening slot, though i doubt they've got much of a following in the US.

MetalAges said:
Battlelore! Love this band. Glenn now, come on, would other bands treat us to this?

bandfront.jpg

I don't think soooooo, Battlelore in '06!

Actually - MANTICORA will dress up like this. Kasper will be the dwarf and Lars will most certainly be wearing the gown. He looks soooooo handsome in a girls dress.

Heck, they might even get their manager to jump on stage and run around like a naked caveman for the authenticity of ancient times :)

c.