It's Done

Barking Pumpkin said:
I'd much rather have Atrox in terms of bands with female vocalists. Or for more of the "operatic" sound which has become so cliche, then Tristania.

Give a listen to some of White Skull's back catalog. Specifically Tales From The North, and Public Glory Secret Agony. "Sister" Federica has the growliest voice in the band, though more thrash quality than death. It's like a reversal of the Battlelore, Sirenia thing. Handsome and the Beastette.
Probably best described as a female version of Grave Digger.

Actually - MANTICORA will dress up like this. Kasper will be the dwarf and Lars will most certainly be wearing the gown. He looks soooooo handsome in a girls dress.

Heck, they might even get their manager to jump on stage and run around like a naked caveman for the authenticity of ancient times :)

c.

LOL!!!

I have to clean the coffee off my monitor now!!!

\m/

longshot9 said:
I'm bored and sick at work so here goes (and don't hate the awesome graphic skills!)

I LOVE the fact that you have TNT in your lineup! They would be a GREAT band for PPVII!!! :headbang:

Steph

PS -- longshot9 -- I love your avatar! :)

longshot9 said:
I'm bored and sick at work so here goes (and don't hate the awesome graphic skills!)

pp7.gif

I'd replace Freedom Call with Dragonforce, but that's just me

Claus / Intromental said:
Actually - MANTICORA will dress up like this. Kasper will be the dwarf and Lars will most certainly be wearing the gown. He looks soooooo handsome in a girls dress.

Heck, they might even get their manager to jump on stage and run around like a naked caveman for the authenticity of ancient times :)

c.

I, for one, will remember this....

Alright....I tried to be more realistic this time.......a little bit :D. But seriously, if Ulver ever came to Prog-Power, I don't care who else Glenn books, I'm going, and I'll go every other year after that no matter what. So there. :lol: I tried to do more of a balance between progressive and power, but regardless of genres, it's really about not having a string of mellow bands, or not having a string of bands that just rock out. You get Ark rocking the hell out (prog or not), and then the majestic grandeur of Ulver. I'm happy. :devil:

ImaginaryLineup2.jpg

And in case I didn't make clear enough what the event of that night would be......*points at Ulver* :lol:

longshot9 said:

pp7.gif

I love Sonata Arctica.. but i'm not sure if is a good option, after the extensive Canada /USA Tour in january/february 2006 ..

Glenn:
It is possible to see in the future some band in PP that does not sing in
English ????.... i mean some band that sing in Russian, German or Spanish?

I like the Nocturnal Rites suggestion a lot, though... they're one of those unique bands that can double as both a euro-power and dark power metal band. Of course, then we'd need an additional dark power metal band to represent... :)

There have been some great lineups formed here by the fans and attendees of PPUSA. I've tried for the past couple of days to come up with my own list, and have failed horribly. I do not envy Glenn for having to put together a list of bands that a majority of the fans can appreciate throughout two nights of great music.

I did come up with a list that is mostly original compared to the others presented here so far. My only issue was coming up with the headliner and fourth slot band for Friday night. Besides obvious returning band choices such as Symphony X and ARK, can anyone suggest a Progressive Metal headliner and/or co-headliner? I have the idea for the Saturday Night Power Metal headliner already figured out. That was easy since I am more of a power metal fan. I would be happy to take suggestions.

:Spin:

Thanks,

~Hoyt.

Besides obvious returning band choices such as Symphony X and ARK, can anyone suggest a Progressive Metal headliner and/or co-headliner?

Watchtower
Opeth (although they do a lot of touring in the US these days, so they might not be the best choice)
Extol
Anathema (although they'd be a dinner break for me)