Just another opinion

prog2112

Feb 11, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT USA
Visit site
Does it really matter who's picked to play? No matter which bands are selected, someone people will love them, some people will hate them...none the less people will still attend. Every single great person I met at 2.0 was there because they love music, not just to see the bands. Part of the show was meeting people of similiar tastes, people that give this music the respect that it deserves.
No matter who plays at 3.0 I'm going to have a great time. I really don't understand why people want to miss out on an opportunity to see more bands. If there's a band you don't want to see or for some reason your bored, go check out the cd's in the lobby, get a beer, meet some people. 3 or 4 more songs from a band may be great for one person but not for another. You never know who you'll become a fan of at the show- you might even change your mind about some of the bands. eg. I didn't really care for ARK before the show, but now, I'm really getting into them. I might not have given them a chance if it weren't for Progpower.

Think of it from the band's perspective- this is a great opportunity for any band to put on a show for a fan base that may never have had the opportunity to see them.

Of course I have my hopes for the bands that are playing:
Threshold, Zero Hour, Vanden Plas, Nightwish, Silent Force, and a band no one has really mentioned- Sonata Arctica.

Just my opinion.... you know what they say about opinions...., take it for what it's worth.

Sheri
:loco:

Well said Sheri. I for one had a fantastic time last year meeting the people and the bands and regardless of who's playing I am going back again this year.

I can't imagine anyone going NOT having a good time, even if there's one band there not particularly fond of.

I find it surprising that not many people have mentioned Sonata Arctica. I think they would be a fantastic addition to the show. I think with DC's appearance and InsideOut's involvement at last years show that Silent Force would be a great fit.

Another band I think would be great is Brainstorm from Germany. Their latest release has really gotten fantastic press around the world and is really a killer disc.