Just needed to know your opinion....

Bodhi

Jan 3, 2007
I know this could sound a bit self-promoting, and i should have written this post with another account saying "hey guys i discovered this new band...blablabla"

But i wont do it.

We really wish to know what you think about our new videoclip, we spent a lot of money and time in it with Solobuio Visual Factory, we tried to change a bit the "usual" concept of videoclips, we tried to make music and images merge, not collide or just show girls and money to "keep the viewer chained to the tv enough time for the catchy music to permeate them and make them buy the record".

If we were able to do this, it's up to you.

If i bothered you, i'm really sorry and i assure i didn't want to do that.

Here it is, click on the image and let us know !!! :)

Sincerly thanks

Bodhi

To be honest, I liked the video and the song quite a lot. The imagery of the video supported well what you were trying to convery musically. And it is indeed refreshing, at least to me, to see a well-executed deviation from the typical video we are so often made to endure (which in large part explains why my MTV, VH1, and other video channel annual viewing time can actually be expressed in terms of minutes and not hours -- but I digress).

Keep up the nice work and best of luck to you! :headbang:

Cool video clip, I liked it for what it is (an independent band trying to do something really creative).

Good:
* nice imagery (nature is by far the best backdrop for any video!!!)
* love the colours
* somewhat original theme (although reminds me of what Spi-Ritual did for their "Pulse" album)

Bad:
* not for people with short attention span (read: MTV audience)
* too long till the music kicks in

Cheers,
c.

Cool video clip, I liked it for what it is (an independent band trying to do something really creative).

Good:
* love the colours
* somewhat original theme (although reminds me of what Spi-Ritual did for their "Pulse" album)

Bad:

Cheers,
c.

While I agree, I think that the long intro works for me.
Very nice.

Good:
* love the colours

Bad:

Cheers,
c.

Same. 28 seconds is too long, but it's a good video.

I think Claus was saying that it was too long before the 'crunchy' music kicked in...and if this video were being marketed toward MTV or its ilk, I'd agree. But, I'm guessing it's not. :heh:

First, thank you all for taking the time to give us your advices and opinions.

Well, there's a 4:30 minutes version with a sensible cut on the intro, and surely i don't believe that music televisions will pass not the 7 nor the 4:30 minutes version (even if they'll someday do, i'll never know it cause as See You In Hell i don't watch music tvs from when i was 19).

Anyway the intro was so long to be able to "take the listener down into the mood" and let him understand he's not listening to a 4 minutes "attention nuclear bomb" but to a concept album which needs them to go through it to properly understand it.

And booB no, we have no affiliation with "fifth season", even if we obviously discovered them in 2004, after Chris (my guitarist) and the former lineup choose the band name 3 years earlier (2000, i think) :)

That was pretty damn cool! :headbang:

It is always nice to see bands that are not afraid to try something truly different and unique. There is some nice imagery in there, with the snow and the dog and everything. I can see how that would've cost some money to have produced. For example, is that one of the band member's dog or did you have to go and hire a trained dog with handler? If the later was the case, I can't imagine that was cheap! Out of curiosity, where was that filmed at? That was some pretty country. Would've been a beautiful area to take the cross-country skis out to explore.

I tend to agree with the somewhat longish intro, but I can certainly see how it does work to set the mood and the tone of about what's to come.

The music itself was very solid and beautifully done. You guys definitely have some talent there!

This is obviously done as art and not "just another way to get you to buy records". One of the big reasons why I love this genre of music - so many great bands truly doing it for the art and not just to show off the "bling" and the "hos".

Very nicely done, and something like that is what truly get me to want to seriously check out some of your other work and actually consider buying the album.

Excellent work, and thanks for sharing that with us! :headbang:

I liked the imagery, very much...I agree that what becomes essentially 3.5 minute of intro is much too long for my tastes, I think the story there could easily be condensed....I think the music is good but the bass players snapping and popping is quite distracting and seems out of place to me in parts.

Again though the video imagery is very good, just needs in my humble opinion to be condensed a bit for more impact, it is coming off like a mini movie rather than a music video.

Anyway the intro was so long to be able to "take the listener down into the mood" and let him understand he's not listening to a 4 minutes "attention nuclear bomb" but to a concept album which needs them to go through it to properly understand it.

Works for me. I didn't think it was too long.

I agree - very well done. But I am in agreement with some of the other posts in this thread that the intro was too long for my taste.

But I do like the mix of musical and visual styles!

This isn't something that will ever make Mindless TV, but then again most people who listen to progressive metal wouldn't watch that mindless stuff anyhow! :loco:

Seriously - well done!

Dang... great video!! Good work, guys! Leaves me wanting more and questioning, "Who is this guy?! Is he a god? a demon? is it a good thing he's waking up? Hey isn't there some Scandanavian creation-myth about this? Wow, the animal trainer rocks!" :lol: I'll definately be looking for the rest of the story.. you've got me hooked!

For critiscm, the transitions in the intro might convey the mood more if they were smooth instead of "snap" transitions. Did that make sense? Let me try again: the quick changes between images in the beginning didn't relax me, it was dispracting. Some smooth fade/dissolve changes would have been more 'serene'.

For some good points, I about fell out of my chair laughing (in a good way) at how you synched the wolf up to run with the music, and when he looks over his shoulder like, "wtf?! uh-oh!" The concept is awesome! I love the effects Solobuio used on the awakening man! Great lighting, perfect shadows, awesome "inner glow" :lol: Killer song too! Dang! Overall, I love it and it rocks!!

And I think the intro length is fine. It's like a movie instead of a music video :D

For critiscm, the transitions in the intro might convey the mood more if they were smooth instead of "snap" transitions. Did that make sense? Let me try again: the quick changes between images in the beginning didn't relax me, it was dispracting. Some smooth fade/dissolve changes would have been more 'serene'.

Yes, that's what was burbling away in the back of my mind....the transitions are too sudden, and in the case of the wolf, almost dizzyingly so.

But from an overall standpoint these are minor quibbles. Great job overall.

Dog. Malamute or Husky. Beautiful creature though, and fits the theme well. I like this video better every time I watch it, but I agree that fade transitions would have been better.

I also thought the introduction was too long. Until the video ended! Now I appreciate it, it was great! The kind of thing you wanna sit back and just soak in, not pop in the CD player when you're late for work trying to hurry up.

This is a much more enjoyable sound, if you just absorb and let it work on you. I don't have many albums that work for that, cuz I usually gravitate to the exciting, energy-instilling kinds of bands and music, to get me cranked up and started. So this video was a great change of pace. Really cool stuff!

I'm also suprised with the visuals. This was NOT an amatuer endeavour. I liked lots of the visual effects, like the star-pattern spinning on the snow, and the beam of light shooting into the sky at the end. Very powerful, but very mysterious and confusing. Leaves you wanting more, wanting an explanation of it all. Which I assume we'll get very soon!

Badass. I give it two horns up.

\m/ \m/