Kemper Profiling Amp

Actually a very nice round clean bass tone with my setup, sweet!

My LTD 415 has EMG MM5-TW and 40P5. They are kinda hot. I was picking pretty hard too.

There's also a straight Psa1 SVT/preset 30 profile that someone from this board did. Much less distortion then mine.

dusted off the ol randall century 200ii:

i think i will start blending this more with other profiles.. it adds a certain edge that i really dig

Last edited by a moderator:
Question: when you wanna profile an amp, is it better to set everything flat on the amp? Or do you profile the exact amp setting you wanna use on the record (for ex., with the possibility to tweak also in the amp)?
Another one: when you refine the profiled sound playing the guitar, different guitars make any difference?

Afaik you can't retrofit the power amp from Kemper (for both versions, lunchbox & rack), you only get a discount code for buying one with poweramp.
The Camplifier from KPA-Solutions can be installed in the lunchbox version, I haven't seen one for the rack.

Kemper just posted this on facebook:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32kBaZFPzHs

Enjoy!

Pretty cool. Would be awesome to have a Michael Wagener pack!

He said he's using the Kemper on 95% of the stuff he does now. I'm guessing 95% of what he's using on the Kemper are his own profiles. Seems like a lot of guys are capturing their own tones with the KPA and then using that instead of always having to come up with new tones each band. Andy, Colin, Wagener, etc.

Pretty cool. Would be awesome to have a Michael Wagener pack!

He said he's using the Kemper on 95% of the stuff he does now. I'm guessing 95% of what he's using on the Kemper are his own profiles. Seems like a lot of guys are capturing their own tones with the KPA and then using that instead of always having to come up with new tones each band. Andy, Colin, Wagener, etc.

Those dudes are still coming up with new tones for every album, they're just using it to make sure the tone stays that way throughout the entire process and can be recalled no problem down the road. I know Sneap has done this to track gtrs in his b-room while other stuff happens in the main room, and in Colin's case it's profile @ Sneap's, track wherever he wants.