Kemper Profiling Amp

Australian Kemper owners, where did you buy your unit? How much?

I'm thinking about going the Thomann route, did you get stung with GST on the way through customs?

Kemper just posted this on facebook:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32kBaZFPzHs

Enjoy!

That's a good interview.
A Michael Wagener kemper profiler pack would be awesome, but I'm guessing most big producers won't share their album amp tones.
That could be a bit counter productive maybe, but who knows.
The kemper rig manager they just released is sweet! It really makes profile management much easier now that profiles can be previewed from the computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32kBaZFPzHs

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a price for these in Brisbane: $3200 RRP but willing to sell for $2900. That's without the power amp section. For the same hardware kit, and no real improvement in firmware, it doesn't make sense that this hardware technology should be increasing in price.

I believe Christoph said that their manufacturing costs, materials, etc had gone up. Not sure though.

Stumbled upon a post in Gearslutz about Kemper in the new AILD record: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/8640586-post25.html

Pretty interesting that the Kemper made it being the main "amp" used, and not just for the occasionally overdubs.

I didn't know they used kemper on that album. Some great guitar tones in there.
As I Lay Dying - A Greater Foundation

Another producer I've read about using the kemper profiler on albums is Jason Suecof.
Here is something I found on the net, quoted from the latest Death Angel album, DVD special edition. :headbang:

"Death Angel is one of my favorite bands too since I was a kid back in the 80's, I love the Ultra violence and Act III, and I think this last album "The dream calls for blood" kicks ass. In the special edition DVD of this album Rob Cavestany and producer Jason Suecof talk 5 minutes about how they used the kemper on the album. (I'm pretty sure Jason also use kempers on the albums by "August Burns Red", and also with "The Black Dahlia Murder".)
A short quoted summary here from the DVD talk:

-Rob: On this album we did something that was completely new for us. f...ng jumping in to the modern cutting edge world, and Jason totally was like you know you got to like check this kemper out man and I didn't even know what that thing was.
-Jason: At least for me it's the coolest thing to come out for guitar in like the past 20 years.
-Rob: So I did my little research on it and realized a few people that I respect very highly in the music world, Gary Holt being one of them, Rob Caggiano, and I mean producers, Andy Sneap, Colin Richardson, a lot of people apparantly are using this kemper these days.
-Jason: I hate moving mics man, and you know what, if you got that good mic position, you got that stored forever and you can continually tweak it, even once in the kemper.
-Rob: I profiled my Engls, put them in that thing, and we can manipulate it later, you know after the thing's been recorded.
-Jason: You can exchange profiles, so a wonderful piece of technology.
-Rob: What's cool about it is that when the full album is done and it's completely recorded and it's in the mix process, the guitar tone can be
reamped and completely f...d with to the point where you can get the exact tone you like that sits perfectly with what your'e looking for with the rest of the instruments with that particular mix.
-Rob: and I just think that's a f...ng brilliant idea to be able to adjust your tone afterwards with such detail and true f...ng killer sounds, so I mean I'm sold, the thing sounds awesome. It sounds awesome when we were tracking and I look forward to the final product. I'm f...ng backing that thing."

Death Angel - Left For Dead (official video)​

Last edited by a moderator:
So stoked, ive got a profiler rack on the way! Cant wait to noodle around for ever with it!

Looking through this thread, looks like the UberProfiles packs are solid, some of the expansions on the Kemper site are worth grabbing. Any other profiles I should know about?

Just a little heads up:
We send 3 free Profiles to every customer, please have a look at your spam, so you don't miss out.
(Also there's a new pack available, Marshall JCM 900 and Orange OR120 with Engl/Mesa/Marshall cabs...)

Hope you like the freebies, it includes a D6 one which is cool for Bass and different sounding blend tones, funky profile.

So stoked, ive got a profiler rack on the way! Cant wait to noodle around for ever with it!

Looking through this thread, looks like the UberProfiles packs are solid, some of the expansions on the Kemper site are worth grabbing. Any other profiles I should know about?

I highly recommend SinMix's profiles (I believe he posts on this forum or just google it) and The Black Stymphalian as previously mentioned. Best modern high gain tones I've come across.

got a kemper on the way. any suggestions for profiles for stoner/sludge/doom? free or paid :headbang:

also, does the kemper have a good fuzz or should I use a real pedal?

How are you guys liking the Kemper as today with the current firmware and rig manager? Those Lasse's profiles alone are sick selling point, but still really torn between axe II (latest firmwares really seem to push it forward) and Kemper at the moment.

How are you guys liking the Kemper as today with the current firmware and rig manager? Those Lasse's profiles alone are sick selling point, but still really torn between axe II (latest firmwares really seem to push it forward) and Kemper at the moment.

Personally, I think it's never been better in the world of high-gain for the Kemper. So many awesome profiles put out over the last few months- Sinmix, Black Stymphalian, Arthur D, The Amp Factory, even quite a few really good profiles for free on the Rig Exchange ("djemass" has some amazing Mesa Mark IIC+ profiles on there, also some good JVM profiles by "Deadlight"). Really, I have more really great sounding profiles than I know what to do with. I've managed to find good profiles of damn near every amp I could possibly desire. Rig Manager rules and allows you to audition profiles at the click of a mouse. I had an Axe II for about 18 months and it was a never-ending tweakfest. Wish I'd bought the Kemper earlier.

Just a little heads up:
We send 3 free Profiles to every customer, please have a look at your spam, so you don't miss out.
(Also there's a new pack available, Marshall JCM 900 and Orange OR120 with Engl/Mesa/Marshall cabs...)

Hope you like the freebies, it includes a D6 one which is cool for Bass and different sounding blend tones, funky profile.

to every Kemper customer, or every UberProfiles customer. I may have deleted them from my spam folder.

got a kemper on the way. any suggestions for profiles for stoner/sludge/doom? free or paid :headbang:

also, does the kemper have a good fuzz or should I use a real pedal?

the FuzzDS (Fuzz Face model) is quite good, the Muff sounds like a Muff and there are pretty neat Shapers (soft, hard and wave) on board as well as a independent analog octave up effect (RectiShaper) from the Octavia, that can be combined with any amp/drive and a great analog Octaver (1 and 2 octaves down)

then there are fuzz profiles from the Musket fuzz and the Pharaoh fuzz and more...