KIUAS, NOVEMBERS DOOM, PERZONAL WAR: First Announced Bands for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2009

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
Finland’s up-and-coming KIUAS, Chicago’s very own metal veterans NOVEMBERS DOOM, and Germany’s PERZONAL WAR are among the first bands to be announced for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2009 (Main Event). Rounding out some of the other support slots will be Sweden’s ASSAILANT, Germany’s SHEEPHEAD, and Chicago’s MINDWARP CHAMBER.

The 7th edition of the Chicago Powerfest will take place at the Pearl Room in Mokena, Illinois on May 7-9, 2009. Also, as previously announced, the PAGANFEST USA: Part 2 tour will be making a stop on the first night (May 7) of this year’s Powerfest to kick it off again with some amazing Pagan metal!!

Current POWERFEST Lineup:

Thursday, May 7 (PAGANFEST)

KORPIKLAANI
ELUVEITIE
PRIMORDIAL
MOONSORROW
BLACKGUARD
SWASHBUCKLE

Friday/Saturday, May 8-9

NOVEMBERS DOOM
KIUAS
PERZONAL WAR
ASSAILANT
SHEEPHEAD
MINDWARP CHAMBER

The remaining bands, which also include both headliners and both direct supports, will be announced shortly and as they become confirmed. Ticket information will also be made available very soon. Please be patient…as you will NOT be disappointed!!

Once again, tickets will be available for individual days as well as 2-day ticket combos, CRJ Productions, organizers/promoters of the event, will also continue with its official fan sponsorship/VIP program this year…intended to give fans a higher level of participation in the fest and a chance to take advantage of some cool perks.

For more information regarding Powerfest or the VIP program, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com and www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest (Myspace Page updated later today)

KIUAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:

Here are my brief opinions about the others that I know basically nothign about other then Novembers Doom who I like all right.

PW: WOW!!! I thought I remembered them being much more death oriented, but that first track on their myspace is fucking awesome, PROG GERMAN THRASH

Assailant: Another gem again WOW!!!! While Perzonal War was Thrash with Prog tendencies this is Prog with Thrash tendencies

Sheephead: Beware the Minneapolis based, indie pop crap. Brutal Death/Thrash with hints of industrialzed/mechanical sound. Not my favorite but definitely worth watching a few songs and maybe checking out a few other tracks.

MWC: Is kinda like Evergrey in places, a very nice dark prog/power.

Rob you were right you have already out done yourself with the talent, count me in foh fucking sheezy!!!!

Very cool so far, but as much as I love Novembers Doom, it's going to take the next four bands (specifically the headliners) to get me to commit to buying a ticket.

I'm not familiar with any of the other bands on the list, even local boys Mindwarp Chamber.

Nice! I've seen November's Doom 3-4 times, and I loved "The Novella Reservoir". They've gotten better as the years have gone by. Im like Rycher in that I am not familiar with any of the other bands.

I've never heard of Kiuas, but too bad it wasn't Kyuss! :) Even though they totally wouldnt fit the mood of the fest, I always wished I had a chance to see them. Hearing Sky Valley live would be awesome!

Anyway, sounds like a cool start so far. I can't wait to hear the headliners and lead up bands!!!

Very cool so far, but as much as I love Novembers Doom, it's going to take the next four bands (specifically the headliners) to get me to commit to buying a ticket.

I'm not familiar with any of the other bands on the list, even local boys Mindwarp Chamber.

I agree with this for the most part, but Paganfest will definitely be awesome.

So everyone is saying they arent familar with the bands so do some research.

Even if I really did do some reasearch, I still would probably not go to the fest at this point. The fest is a week before my wedding, and I need 2-3 bigger bands before I decide to go. There's still 4 bands unaccounted for, so we'll see what happens.

So far, Novembers Doom is the only band I truly care about on the schedule, and I'm not going to drive 60 miles round trip for a 45 minute set from them.

I did check the myspace for Kiuas and Perzonal War, and neither really impressed me in the first minute.

So far, Novembers Doom is the only band I truly care about on the schedule, and I'm not going to drive 60 miles round trip for a 45 minute set from them.

I did check the myspace for Kiuas and Perzonal War, and neither really impressed me in the first minute.

A 60 mile round trip is a pretty feeble excuse not to come out to see a band you truly care about. Hopefully some of the remaining bands will entice you into taking such a gruelling trip out to Mokena. ;)

Britt

A 60 mile round trip is a pretty feeble excuse not to come out to see a band you truly care about. Hopefully some of the remaining bands will entice you into taking such a gruelling trip out to Mokena. ;)

Britt

Hopefully so!

I think it's pretty valid, seeing as how I have more pressing things to spend money on this year. Tickets + gas + additional expenses for a concert when I only like 1 of 5 (or 10) bands doesn't seem like a wise choice, despite my love for the band.

I'm the first person on the "support your bands" bandwagon, but not at the expense of more important priorities in life.

Not bad......Not too keen on ND or Sheephead, but Kiuas is pretty good, and I just had a listen to Assailant and Perzonal War and they're not bad either. Of course MWC kicks A$$ so I'm pretty stoked about seeing them:headbang: I'm happy they are in the line up this year!!
We will be there no matter what, and it's always a helluva good time:kickass:
Now......on to the headliners and direct support, can't wait to hear what you guys have up your sleeves for this year!!

:headbang::headbang::headbang: Okay, now Im excited! I listened to Kyuss...I mean Kiuas's songs on myspace and Im already digging them. Its like....Gamma Ray meets death metal! :)

How do you pronounce their name? Kee-ooo ass? K-we us? Q-ass? Aaah, who cares, its cool! :)

The only band I'm not looking forward to is Sheephead. That and MWC is giving me too much of a Disturbed vibe but that'll change soon enough.

Looking forward to even more kickass bands!

like SODOM, MORGANA LEFAY, BLIND GUARDIAN, and NECRONOMICON!!!!

Very nice! I feel like kind of a dork for not knowing much about the bands (besides the locals of course and Kiuas). New metal snacks for me to chew on! :) Looking forward to the next announcement. REALLY digging the European focus this year! :kickass: