New Bands Announced For Chi-Town Powerfest

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...announced-bands-chicago-powerfest-2009-a.html

Finland’s up-and-coming KIUAS, Chicago’s very own metal veterans NOVEMBERS DOOM, and Germany’s PERZONAL WAR are among the first bands to be announced for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2009 (Main Event). Rounding out some of the other support slots will be Sweden’s ASSAILANT, Germany’s SHEEPHEAD, and Chicago’s MINDWARP CHAMBER.

The 7th edition of the Chicago Powerfest will take place at the Pearl Room in Mokena, Illinois on May 7-9, 2009. Also, as previously announced, the PAGANFEST USA: Part 2 tour will be making a stop on the first night (May 7) of this year’s Powerfest to kick it off again with some amazing Pagan metal!!

Current POWERFEST Lineup:

Thursday, May 7 (PAGANFEST)

KORPIKLAANI
ELUVEITIE
PRIMORDIAL
MOONSORROW
BLACKGUARD
SWASHBUCKLE

Friday/Saturday, May 8-9

NOVEMBERS DOOM
KIUAS
PERZONAL WAR
ASSAILANT
SHEEPHEAD
MINDWARP CHAMBER

The remaining bands, which also include both headliners and both direct supports, will be announced shortly and as they become confirmed. Ticket information will also be made available very soon. Please be patient…as you will NOT be disappointed!!

Once again, tickets will be available for individual days as well as 2-day ticket combos, CRJ Productions, organizers/promoters of the event, will also continue with its official fan sponsorship/VIP program this year…intended to give fans a higher level of participation in the fest and a chance to take advantage of some cool perks.

For more information regarding Powerfest or the VIP program, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com and www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest (Myspace Page updated later today)

Well they have to have other bands, as they don't have any draw yet. Just some decent to good bands to support the headliner(s). Better undercard than last year though ;)

Every one should check out the bands myspaces they arent familar with since Assailant and Perzonal War both blew me away after some research. Fans of Mercenary and Kreator must listen to both these bands.

Every one should check out the bands myspaces they arent familar with since Assailant and Perzonal War both blew me away after some research. Fans of Mercenary and Kreator must listen to both these bands.

I am sure people will. These are just bands that really are not the type that would make someone go crazy or book flights yet. This is already tons better than last years line up already.

Yep, them and Sacred Dawn are quickly becoming leaders in the scene.

I still have yet to see either live.

Sacred Dawn is fantastic live. Lothar is a charismatic and energetic front man. Great guitar player. Gifted singer. The band looks like they have fun on stage. Consequently, their enthusiasm is contagious.

I haven't seen Mindwarp Chamber yet. But I like what I hear.