New Bands Announced For Chi-Town Powerfest

So far, so bad, in my opinion. Mindwarp Chamber is the only band I like on the bill, and I can see them headline at a dive bar for less than what this show would cost. I lose more and more interest in this festival year after year. I hate to say it, especially because I'm all about supporting the local metal scene in Chicago. Unfortunately, however, the show continues to lose its "power" for me.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

so far this is eons better than last years opening roster. Still nothing to get me really excited. Just listened to different track of the bands I wasnt familiar with.....

Kiuas - I have three CD's by them. A solid band and a great pick. This is one of those bands that will get lots of new fans and I have a feeling if they play a tight set, they will be one of the bands to make the weekend something.

Perzonal War - seen there stuff around for a while. Listented to a variety of tracks online. Dont really know the whole story with them coming over but I think money would be invested somwhere better with a stronger fan base. Chicago Powerfest doesnt have that strong ProPower strength yet to make a band yet. Didnt really care for most of the stuff I heard. The only band who seemed to mess up a Running Wild cover.

Novembers Doom - great band. Great live band. Look forward to seeing them. but they are playing in March so some of the excitement will be lost.

Mindwarp Chamber - sorry Shreddy, just not my thing. Got a nice following but they play lots around here so for out of towners you got something to look forward too. Locals...we can see them lots.

Assailant - didnt like these guys. Listened to a bunch of tracks on thier Myspace. I think live they may be a fun band to watch.

Sheephead - really?

I am hoping for some real good headliners and stuff. Even better if Kiuas and Nov Doom play the same day, that would be nice. Looks like they are on the right track. And this is coming from a guy who is very critical and banned from thier forum!!

It's not any goofier than Circus "Backwards 'S'" Maximus. :)

Actually, it is.

I don't know man, I always have high hopes for the Chicago Powerfest lineup, and somehow it always disappoints me. This year is no different. November's Doom rules, but that's about it. Paganfest will be all over the place, so...

I think it's cool that Powerfest is trying to expose some more unknown bands to the masses. We'll see what they bring out for the headliners. I have heard a couple rumors from some semi-reliable sources.

As someone above mentioned though, Templars of Doom is looking pretty good right now.

If it always disappoints you, then why do you have high hopes for it?

Well, they have landed bigger names in the past few years, so I assume that's what's keeping the hopes up.

Any fest is going to please some and disappoint others.

There is nothing wrong or evil in saying you don't like a lineup.

Or just adding one for that matter!
Hellz Yeah~!:loco:

Every single comment like this about the band's name is just dumb.

Not that it matters, but for the record:

"Founded as Personal War in 1996, the band had to change their name to Perzonal war for legal reasons in early 2002." - Metal Archives :rolleyes:

What's up yer bum?
People are ignorant because they don't like a band that you do?
I guarantee I can easily name 50 bands that I find amazing that you don't.
It certainly wouldn't make you or anyone else ignorant.

My post did come off a little "assholeish" (I'm even making up words now). I guess the Perzonal War bashing just struck a chord. :bah::loco:

My post did come off a little "assholeish" (I'm even making up words now). I guess the Perzonal War bashing just struck a chord. :bah::loco:

I know people get defensive about bands they like.
I am sure I do as well.
Though, there are a bunch of people on this forum and others who simply blow loads over ANY band just because they are booked on a festival.
And then those who give the band a chance but simply don't care for it get crapped all over.

If it always disappoints you, then why do you have high hopes for it?

I think one thing has nothing to do with the other.

I have hopes because I hear great things about this festival, but the lineup has never really made it for me. So, if someday the lineup is great, I'd love to go and enjoy this festival, since so many of my friends say good things about it. I'm sure it would be a great time.