Lost Horizon

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Has anyone heard Awakening the World? It is one of my fave CDs right now, and I have to add, this could be some of the best drumming I've heard in a long time on a power metal album. It's not just the usual humdrum double bass with no tempo changes from beginning to end.

:headbang:

I don't care what anyone says, this was the BEST album released last year.

Everything about it is perfect. When I got it, I thought it was a decent sounding, cheesy heavy metal record. When I listened to it the first time, I laughed at some of the lyrics: "I will help you remember by kicking your ass!".

After the first few listens, I realized that not only was the music great, the "cheesy" metal lyrics were really saying something.

Now, anytime I am feeling the weight of the world, I throw this disc in, raise my head to the sky, take my next deep breath, and revive my real strength! FUCK YEAH!

Agreed. Well, actually I would say this and Mandrake were the best CDs!

And by the way, the drummer is great, but so is the rest of the band - I think the vocalist is phenomenal. Can't wait to see them live (if they ever tour the US).

Glenn - hint hint. ;)

Lost Horizon kicks major ass! :headbang:
Awakening the World is an amazing album which blew me away from the first time I heard it. I can't wait for their next release (anybody ahve an idea when it will be released?)
They would definitely make a great addition to ProgPower 4 or 5.