Any Lost Horizon fans?

Originally posted by JayKeeley
And neither would I waste my time responding to a thread titled "Any Lost Horizon fans?'....!
Well i responded because i'm new to the prog/power genre and i bought their cd based on someone's review... which said it was way better than it actually was.

I can not recommend "Awakening the World"

"Ahh but you see then you wouldn't be wasting your money... you would be investing. "

Thats kind of true, I could always wait for their 10th album to come out (if they last for another 20 years) and then go sell it to all the newbie Lost Horizon fans on ebay that are dieing to get their first album. hehe. Good point davo! :D

IMO - The drummer does f**ckin' kick ass and a lot of drummers don't wear shirts for some reason, but the other dude should put 'em back on. I haven't heard all their stuff, but what I've heard seems good to me.

Remember, "Opinions are like Assholes and Yours stinks!"

I think the most surprising part about lost horizon was the fact that the bald guy was the singer. It almost seemed like the guy who was really the guitarist would be the singer. So that was confusing, but interesting.

Lost Horizon kicks ass!!!!! I don't care how cheesy their lyrics might sound (I don't like them and I don't care about them) but their music is just awesome. People compare them to Manowar, I would say they are way above and beyond Manowar. I never liked Manowar. I am one of those who always made fun of Manowar, and still do (can't stand them), but Lost Horizon is one of the best power metal bands out there nowadays and the singer has one of the greatest voices in the business.

I do admit, the singer is pretty good. He has one of the better and more likable voices I heard. I wouldnt quite capture him as the best in skill, but defintly one of the better ones.

Now as far as manowar, I heard the older stuff was better. But Iv heard their more recent stuff and the dude just cant sing anymore...its damn horrible. Even when he sang Thor live...it sounded like he was straining to hit all the high notes, either that or about to croak. I liked therions' remake of thor a bit better in the singing aspect.

i'm wondering if the people saying this band is cheesy owns any actual rock and roll records from the 80s... hell even some of the bands and musicians heralded on this site have 'cheese' songs.

what I'm saying is.. if you call it cheese and still hold that Ratt Invasion of Your Privacy album in your collection.. give it another listen :) hehehhe

not everyone here was born into prog & power metal, it would be a rare thing indeed (my daughter for instance, only 2 1/2, actually loves metal... all kinds, my wife, not so much, but our girl dances and goes crazy to my music - muahahha)

I dont really own any records from the 80s actually since I was too young in the 80s to buy any. And I defintly wasnt born into the power and progressive scene. It wasnt until I was bugged to hell to listen to something that I really got into it.

Im not saying these guys are bad or even terrible, but they seem like a lot of other power or speed metal bands that I have heard in the past. Which in the area of the power "fantasy" theme, it is already oversaturated and drooling with bands as it is. Im just saying they make me laugh because of what they try to portray themselves as. The cover is like speaking to me as "we are the godly badasses...and we are going to kamehameha you into oblivion! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I just really like it when a band is original in their own way and they just dont stand out for me. Like I said before, they remind me a lot about Manowar.

What's wrong with Manowar? I think they are great. Their rercent stuff is great too. I've never seen them live yet, maybe one day but I think that Eric's voice is just as good as ever. That's my opinion anyway.