Bands you would like to see at ProgPower 4.0

I love Symphony X, Evergrey, Kamelot, Zero Hour, and Andromeda (their new one is incredible!) As for the others you listed, I never got into them. For some of them, it is probably becuase I can't take the death metal vocals.

i don't really know In Flames; have they got death vocals?
Opeth is an extremely talented band - i love their music but dislike the vocals.
i'd like to see these bands:
Nightwish
Sonata Arctica
Kamelot
Dark Moor
Labyrinth
Rhapsody
Therion
Thy Majestie
Symphony X
Rage
Evergrey
(and a few bands that participated in PPIII 'cause I did not attend).

I honestly don't get the whole "prog vs. power" mentality. I just want to see great bands live. If that means Gamma Ray--awesome. If it means more prog acts like Pain of Salvation, Opeth, or even Evergrey--that's great too.

I also don't want to see ALL bands that I know. I don't buy every album from every band in existence: I rather enjoy seeing a few bands I've never heard of.

--S

Soul schizm, that is how I am. Part of the fun of going to all festivals for me is to see some bands that I really like and being introduced to many that I might no very little if anything about.

I just like how the festivals bring people from all over the place.

Originally posted by Soul_Schizm
I honestly don't get the whole "prog vs. power" mentality. I just want to see great bands live.

I don't see it as one vs. the other. I think many people, myself included, tend to prefer one over the other.

Originally posted by Soul_Schizm
I also don't want to see ALL bands that I know. I don't buy every album from every band in existence: I rather enjoy seeing a few bands I've never heard of.

Well, by the time I see them, I've heard them. Before PPII, I had never heard of Ark, Evergrey or Balance of Power. Because of their inclusion in the festival, I familiarized myself with their music, and love both Evergrey and Ark.

GZ

Originally posted by Demonspell
I don't see prog and power as being opposed to each other...

Agreed completely, I think the styles complement each other quite well... though some of the radicals in this forum seem to believe ProgPower should be a Power-only festival.