Bands you would like to see at ProgPower 4.0

Originally posted by alexofbodom
Is Evergrey 100% confirmed to play at this year's ProgPower?

No one is confirmed to play, yet, though Evergrey is a strong possibility. Glenn should be making some announcements in the coming weeks, I believe.

--Mike

I have 6 of the 10 bands confirmed. I hope to get the remaining 4 completed by the end of February. Unlike most (if not all) other festivals, I do not release any band confirmation until the roster is 100% complete. That may not mean much to folks, but it is a way to keep my festival different from the others.

Glenn

Sun Caged would be happy to fill the opening slot. We'll play for free! :)

Dennis / Sun Caged

Originally posted by Harvester
I have 6 of the 10 bands confirmed. I hope to get the remaining 4 completed by the end of February. Unlike most (if not all) other festivals, I do not release any band confirmation until the roster is 100% complete. That may not mean much to folks, but it is a way to keep my festival different from the others.

Glenn

ohhh that makes me so excited! is it Children of Bodom in it??????????? or Maybe Stratovarius????? that's ok I'll wait one more month

Originally posted by Harvester

Glenn

What's up Glenn!

Please consider Freedom Call (my new favorite band! :))... They just told me me they would totally dig "ROCKIN' THE US!!" They are ready and... a true force to be reckoned with... a true POSSITIVE force... one that i believe the US are in desperate need of.

Personally, i like this band every bit as, if not MORE than, Blind Guardian & Gamma Ray even. Please contact someone at their website... www.freedom-call.net

* * * My highest recommendations of their last 2 albums, 'Crystal Empire' & 'Eternity' to all true power/prog metal fans. :cool:

Keep shredin' ! >>> davo

Originally posted by alexofbodom
How about this:

Friday

Andromeda - would love to see them.
Nocturnal Rites - no thanks.
Children of Bodom - would love to see them. I think the fact that Glenn tried to book Opeth last year, indicates he might be open to a Progressive Death band. CoB seems as likely a candidate as anyone.
Evergrey - they very well may headline.
Stratovarius - oh please no!

Saturday

Pagans Mind - I'm guessing Glenn tries like hell to make this happen. To which I say, "Godspeed Glenn".
Lost Horizon - yuck, blech, pleh.
Elegy - yawn.
Grave Digger - not a huge fan, but they seem like they'd be fun live.
Rage - while their back catalogue suggests they could be a headliner, I don't think they have the draw to headline.

GZ

I agree Jay, I think it is impossible for PP 3 to be matched as far as big names go. However, there are a great deal of smaller named bands out there that are very impressive. I feel Heavenly, Stygma IV, Tad Morose, Labyrinth, Vision Divine, Secret Sphere, Empty Tremor, Symphorce(lyrics aside:) ) and Freedom Call are just a few. We'll see!

Can PPIII be matched? I think that comes down to how much the individual concertgoer enjoys the respective bands on a given bill. For me, PPII was vastly superior to PPIII. I love Symphony X, Ark, Evergrey, Kamelot and Angel Dust. Additionally, I would say that I prefer each of those bands to all of the bands at PPIII, with the possible exception of Zero Hour.

If I was a betting man, I would bet that the following bands will be present at PPIV:

Iced Earth
Evergrey
Symphony X
Vanden Plas
Pagan's Mind
Power of Omens

Keep in mind; these aren't the bands that I'm hoping for (though I would LOVE this line up). Rather, these are the bands that I believe will be there, based on conversations I've had with various people (no, I don't have any inside information). If this is the line up, I would say that it's also vastly superior to PPIII.

Just my $0.02.

GZ