Bands you would like to see at ProgPower 4.0

alexofbodom

Feb 24, 2002
Visit site
Power Metal:
Rage (legends of power metal....Unity and Black in Mind are two of the best metal albums ever recorded...headliner)
Grave Digger (another legend of power metal...lots of energy live...headliner)
Lost Horizon (one of the best power metal bands of the new millenium!!!!!...1st to 3rd slot band)
Dark Moor (would be a great 1st or 2nd slot band)
Rhapsody (very popular power metal band...3rd slot band or headliner)
Stratovarius (I don't like their newest material, but all their stuff up to Visions is great...headliner)
Helloween ('nuff said!...headliner)
Brainstorm (another great 1st or 2nd slot band)
Masterplan (would please Helloween and Jorn Lande fans...2nd or 3rd slot band)
Nocturnal Rites (another great 1st to 2nd slot band)
Nightwish (a worthy headliner at any metal festival)
Falconer (great band, but who knows how they'll do with new vocalist...2nd to 3rd slot band)
Labyrinth (great 2nd to 3rd slot band)
Metalium (would be great to see them with Terrana on drums...2nd or 3rd slot band)
Virgin Steele (classic power metal band!...2nd or 3rd slot)
etc....

Prog Metal:
Pagans Mind (one of the best bands to emerge this new millenium...2nd or 3rd slot band)
Elegy (2nd or 3rd slot band)
Evergrey (I think they will be there for sure...HEADLINER!!!!!!)
Andromeda (great prog metla band...1st to 3rd slot band)
Vanden Plas (I doubt they'll ever come after what happened at ProgPower 2.0...probably 2nd to 3rd slot band)
Avalon (1st or 2nd slot band)

Other style:
Children of Bodom (I consider them power metal, but many see them as melodic death metal because of vocals...one of best metal bands on earth....3rd or 4th slot)
Soilwork (2nd or 3rd slot)
Dark Tranquillity (melodic death masters 2nd or 3rd slot)
Sentenced (kings of depressing metal...2nd or 3rd slot)

I hope some of these bands will be present at this year's ProgPower 4.0. Regardless of who end up on the bill, I am 100% convinced that this will be another great and successful ProgPower. Glenn Harveston is the greatest metal festival promoter in America!!!!!!!!!

Bands not on the list that should be:
Heavenly
Insania
Skylark
Tomorrow's Eve
Stygma IV
Tad Morose
Eldritch (Do they still exist?)
Fates Warning
Freedom Call
Edenbridge!
Arwen
Elsesphere
Holy Knights

Just to name a few.

Originally posted by alexofbodom
Power Metal:
Rage (legends of power metal....Unity and Black in Mind are two of the best metal albums ever recorded...headliner)
Grave Digger (another legend of power metal...lots of energy live...headliner)
Lost Horizon (one of the best power metal bands of the new millenium!!!!!...1st to 3rd slot band)
Dark Moor (would be a great 1st or 2nd slot band)
Rhapsody (very popular power metal band...3rd slot band or headliner)
Stratovarius (I don't like their newest material, but all their stuff up to Visions is great...headliner)
Helloween ('nuff said!...headliner)
Brainstorm (another great 1st or 2nd slot band)
Masterplan (would please Helloween and Jorn Lande fans...2nd or 3rd slot band)
Nocturnal Rites (another great 1st to 2nd slot band)
Nightwish (a worthy headliner at any metal festival)
Falconer (great band, but who knows how they'll do with new vocalist...2nd to 3rd slot band)
Labyrinth (great 2nd to 3rd slot band)
Metalium (would be great to see them with Terrana on drums...2nd or 3rd slot band)
Virgin Steele (classic power metal band!...2nd or 3rd slot)
etc....

Prog Metal:
Pagans Mind (one of the best bands to emerge this new millenium...2nd or 3rd slot band)
Elegy (2nd or 3rd slot band)
Evergrey (I think they will be there for sure...HEADLINER!!!!!!)
Andromeda (great prog metla band...1st to 3rd slot band)
Vanden Plas (I doubt they'll ever come after what happened at ProgPower 2.0...probably 2nd to 3rd slot band)
Avalon (1st or 2nd slot band)

Other style:
Children of Bodom (I consider them power metal, but many see them as melodic death metal because of vocals...one of best metal bands on earth....3rd or 4th slot)
Soilwork (2nd or 3rd slot)
Dark Tranquillity (melodic death masters 2nd or 3rd slot)
Sentenced (kings of depressing metal...2nd or 3rd slot)

I hope some of these bands will be present at this year's ProgPower 4.0. Regardless of who end up on the bill, I am 100% convinced that this will be another great and successful ProgPower. Glenn Harveston is the greatest metal festival

promoter in America!!!!!!!!!

Some of those bands have a 0.000001% chance of being there like Children of Bodom which are the best ever but It's hard to see them at progpower, others include, Helloween, Stratovarius and Rhapsody, also Nightwish I doubt they will be in the festival

Originally posted by Wings of a dream
Some of those bands have a 0.000001% chance of being there like Children of Bodom which are the best ever but It's hard to see them at progpower, others include, Helloween, Stratovarius and Rhapsody, also Nightwish I doubt they will be in the festival

I hope you're right!

After giving it some more thought, I think this would make for a perfect follow-up to last year:

Friday

Dragonforce
Elegy
Evergrey
Fates Warning
Stratovarius

Saturday

Hourglass
Pagan's Mind
Labyrinth
Sonata Arctica
Helloween

It will be nearly impossible to top last year. The standard has been set too high
:D

How about this:

Friday

Andromeda
Nocturnal Rites
Children of Bodom
Evergrey
Stratovarius

Saturday

Pagans Mind
Lost Horizon
Elegy
Grave Digger
Rage

Originally posted by ProgMetalFan
I hope you're right!

why? you don't like those bands?

I didn't say that it was hard for them to be there because they suck no! it's the other way around it's hard for them to be there because they're such busy bands and almost never come to the US

Those bands kick some major ass!

Originally posted by Wings of a dream

Well I heard that CoB was slated as a back up for 3.0,maybe that will give way to a slot. I would love to see CoB at PPUSA, I think it would rule!!!

Bear

Well I heard that CoB was slated as a back up for 3.0,maybe that will give way to a slot. I would love to see CoB at PPUSA, I think it would rule!!!

CoB at ProgPower 4.0 would kick major ass!!! From what I have heard about them, and from what I can hear on their Tokyo Warherts album, they are an amazing live band.

I wonder who the headliners could be this year. At ProgPower III, I heard the name "Stratovarius" on numerous occasions. That would be an awesome healiner, although I hope they would play mainly older material up to the Visions album.

Is Evergrey 100% confirmed to play at this year's ProgPower?

Originally posted by Bear

Bear

whoa awesome then, they would certainly blow everyone away kinda like Edguy did this year