Any Lost Horizon fans?

alexofbodom

Feb 24, 2002
Visit site
Any Lost Horizon fans on this board? I think that they are one of the best power metal bands of this new millenium and I would absolutely love to see them live. I doubt that they would come to ProgPower, being such a new band, but they would definitely make a great 2nd or 3rd slot at ProgPower.

Yes, Lost Horizons kick ass. Can't wait for their second CD. Should be out in no time. If it's half as good as the first I will be one happy camper. Wish they would be added to Prog Power IV.

Both albums are great. Although the first album is better overall, the second album has two of the best metal songs of all time.
I would love to see them live, especially at ProgPower!!!:headbang:

I thought Awakening... was over-hyped and just plain boring. Very, very simple song structure. I thought the disc was flat-out FLAT! I didn't find one thing unique or special about the music. Perhaps that is why they tried to dress things up on the exterior as much as they did. Listen to the debut efforts of Iced Earth, Nevermore or even Kamelot and you will realize that Last Horizon has a long way to go to approach the caliber of these bands. With all the metal bands popping up these days and the bar being set so high, bands better pay more attention to making unique music than making unique costumes and names.

That said though, I'd like to hear if they've changed anything with the last CD.

Awakening the World is one of the best power metal albums EVER. That drummer is wholly underrated.

Haven't heard the new one yet, but it's in the mail....

Originally posted by The Fiddler
With all the metal bands popping up these days and the bar being set so high, bands better pay more attention to making unique music than making unique costumes and names.

Absolutely, which is why I'm surprised that are there so many wishlists full of derivative power metal here...

I heard it the other day,I was expecting great things but was kinda dissapointed.Sounded pretty run of the mill to me.

I personally think the cheesy highlander theme makes me laugh so hard. :p They sound like they are the sons of Manowar and all they talk about is honor, swords, and all that jazz.

Now dont get me wrong, I like them and some of their songs. But I think they are a bit corny for me on the outfit and theme. Iv seen too many bands that went that route and it gets old very quick. Although their song "Sworn in the Metal Winds" makes me laugh though. I mean...how can it not make you laugh??? Its dissing the crap out of women who dump men. :lol: And all that stuff about being a warrior, ha, you got to love it. Its one of my favorite songs. And Im not being sarcastic either. :D

I really like these guys. As what was said, this drummer is over rated, he does way more than just rapid double bass like so many other power metal bands do on a constant basis. So the drummer is amazing. And if you ask me they have melodies that are extremely beautiful at times, no matter if it is being sang, played by the guitar, or keyboard.

But I agree about the cheezy costume and names. It's like my goodness, you guys are atheists shut up already and leave it alone LOL. It gets old, kinda like Manowar with swords and metal...I thought that sort of topic pushing died long ago LOL.

Vegeta

Lyrics, Dresscode, Artwork, Looks, Length of hair = immaterial and diddly squat.

Ask yourselves this - do the songs kick ass? If the answer is yes, then throw the CD cover away if it bothers you so much!

Nah I'm a bit hypocritical when it comes to that LOL. I think that they are cheezy, I mean after all it's obvious LOL. But I don't mind really. Sure they are lyric pushy, but what can you do?? Other people like Manowar still, I still like these guys LOL. Hypocritical??? Yes very LOL.

And for the biggest Hypocritical thing of all time, I bought the damn CD because of the cover LOL.

Vegeta

I dont need to throw it away because I dont have it. I just listened to it. So I can make fun of it all I want because I dont need to waste my money. :D I can waste it on something like Pain of Salvation or Ark, which has much to offer.

Originally posted by IceDragonX
I dont need to throw it away because I dont have it. I just listened to it. So I can make fun of it all I want because I dont need to waste my money. :D I can waste it on something like Pain of Salvation or Ark, which has much to offer.

Yeah but if I were a PoS or Ark fan, I wouldn't waste my time on Lost Horizon either. Most PoS or Ark fans already know that.

And neither would I waste my time responding to a thread titled "Any Lost Horizon fans?'....!

Originally posted by IceDragonX
I dont need to waste my money. :D I can waste it on something like Pain of Salvation or Ark, which has much to offer.
Ahh but you see then you wouldn't be wasting your money... you would be investing. :cool: