Manowar

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Sign Of The Hammer? My personal favorite! From some of the posts, I guess many do not have t, but if we're talking about Manowar...

I consider myself a big Manowar fan, but I don't like ALL of any one album. I think they all have great metal songs with one or two not so good tracks.

I use to be a Manowar fan until the NJ metal fest...
I'm not sure if anyone was there or heard what happened. First, they cancelled their meet and greet and signing... i guess not a huge deal. But I guess it started for me when they pulled the plug on Nuclear Assault!! Assault played for maybe 15-20 minutes and then all of a sudden, the lights come on! They finish the song and John Connlley starts to intro the next song, the roadies come out and start taking Glenn Evans drum kit apart! What the hell is that about? Then the security people ask the media to leave and tell everyone that they can't take pics during the show or they will be removed! Well, at this point, myself and my friends leave, as do some other people. Unbelievable! I talked to one of the of the media persons after and she told me they were told not to take any pics. If they did, their equipment would be confiscated. Then they locked the doors to the venue! If you went to the can or to get something to eat/drink, you were out of luck! They were not letting anyone back in! What the hell is with the rock and roll star crap!!! After all of that, they made everyone wait an hour and a half for there 50 minute set.
Now today, I read an interview with Eric Adams saying they are all about pleasing their fans, and playing for their fans blah blah blah. Before the NJ fest, I would of believed him. I met them in Columbus and they seemed to be very nice, very down to earth type of guys. Very easy spoken, outgoing, and eager to please. But I'm not sure if something has changed, but that was not the same band in NJ that I met in Columbus.
Whatever.... I'm just not buying it anymore.

Manowar isn't a band you like because you appreciate the depth of the lyrics ("Put my shades on/Hair blows in the wind/I give some square the finger/Now he won't look again, no he won't) or the complexity of the arrangments, it's a band you listen to for fun. That's one thing I love about true metal and why I will continue to buy Manowar and Hammerfall albums, because it's just fun music. I love Sonata Arctica and Evergrey as much as the next prog-metaller but you can't hang out on the porch with your friends drinking Pabst while listening to Rhapsody. Save that for when you are galloping across some absurdly majestic valley on your mighty steed with sword in hand into the glory of battle.