Maryland Deathfest, 2010 edition. You need to check this out.

Yeah right? ha ha
The harder the logo is to read, the more underground they are. My theory is they don't wanna be 'known'.

black metal writing certainly is a stupid marketing plan. One would think that these bands would figure out why they don't sell CDs because people can't read the name on it. I personalling dealing with it and turn down extreme metal bands and labels all the time due to the this

black metal writing certainly is a stupid marketing plan. One would think that these bands would figure out why they don't sell CDs because people can't read the name on it. I personalling dealing with it and turn down extreme metal bands and labels all the time due to the this

Seriously Jeremy, I think they never want to be well known.

I knew about it, good friends with a few of the bands who have played it. But I always thought it was smaller line ups.
America is not the place for real heavy metal or traditional, true, whatever. American audience for the most part like everything polished and over produced. Seems how shiny the singer's leathers are is more important than the heart behind it. Take it as an option but it just seems so clear when you say look at Germany compared to the U.S. So really it does not surprise me at all that no one shows up.

Still Jeremy, if it was actually promoted... who knows. But then it is an underground type event....

Still Jeremy, if it was actually promoted, it could work. For chrissakes, they don't even have a website. Hello? Promoting 101. Sounds like a certain other dilusional promoter. Geez. Glenn, come on board after PP and help these guys learn how a real promotion works.

Well Alehorn isnt a festival per say. It is a one day show with usually 6 bands....most are quality and not your usual line up of 4 locals and 2 out of towners...

Alehorn 1
Manilla Road
Slough Feg
Bible of the Devil
Winterhawk
Twisted Tower Dire
Gates of Slumber

Alehorn 2
Sough Feg
Bible of the Devil
Novembers Doom
Cresant Sheild
Widow
Valkryie

Alehorn 3
Trouble
Slough Feg
Bible of the Devil
Pharoh
Icarus Witch

Alehorn 4
Slough Feg
Bible of the Devil
Hammers of Misfortune
Ludicra
Argus
Superchrist

basically it is a show that the Bible of the Devil guy puts on when ever they play yearly with Slough Feg. This isnt some huge festival that people fly in for. Sure the line ups are amazing but at most ever the most that ever turned out were maybe like 100 at most. The last one was a free show and it had like 100 people at its peak. Most of who even shows up is local hipsters who are there for BOTD and they have zero clue who the other acts are.

Hopefully they keep it going. They always get interesting acts. I dont think they need any help on promotion....I just dont think they really care if it becomes some huge thing. It sort of just pops up and word of mouth spreads it. Truly an underground fest.

Well Alehorn isnt a festival per say. It is a one day show with usually 6 bands....most are quality and not your usual line up of 4 locals and 2 out of towners...

Alehorn 1
Manilla Road
Slough Feg
Bible of the Devil
Winterhawk
Twisted Tower Dire
Gates of Slumber

Alehorn 2
Sough Feg
Bible of the Devil
Novembers Doom
Cresant Sheild
Widow
Valkryie

Alehorn 3
Trouble
Slough Feg
Bible of the Devil
Pharoh
Icarus Witch

Alehorn 4
Slough Feg
Bible of the Devil
Hammers of Misfortune
Ludicra
Argus
Superchrist

basically it is a show that the Bible of the Devil guy puts on when ever they play yearly with Slough Feg. This isnt some huge festival that people fly in for. Sure the line ups are amazing but at most ever the most that ever turned out were maybe like 100 at most. The last one was a free show and it had like 100 people at its peak. Most of who even shows up is local hipsters who are there for BOTD and they have zero clue who the other acts are.

Hopefully they keep it going. They always get interesting acts. I dont think they need any help on promotion....I just dont think they really care if it becomes some huge thing. It sort of just pops up and word of mouth spreads it. Truly an underground fest.

Diabolik I was just cutting up, I realized it was/is an underground event. Part of the fun of an event like that is it's anonimity anyway. Thanx.

I still don't believe it would work even considering that earache has made traditional metal currently trendy. Just look at how much attention is paid to these bands now; most people either don't get into it until the "cool kids" do or they do not stay from the group. note; I use the word kid loosely, it is not the younger people, matter of fact older people fit more so)
Just an observation from working all sides of this stuff for sometime now.

No, it actually makes sense and fits the aesthetic of black metal. Not the bands' fault that you're too closed minded to look past artwork and actually listen to some music.

Melechesh...! I wasn't even aware they toured. Even so, love 'em.

But yeah, I do feel that Pentagram, as much as I enjoy them, are a bit out of place there.

*posted way late*

did you watch Deceased? how were the vendor tables?

Yes, Deceased was AWESOME! One of the best from Saturday. They closed their set with a great cover of "Stand Up and Shout."

Vendor tables were nice too. Lots of variety. I picked up some cool records, patches, and shirts.

Yes, Deceased was AWESOME! One of the best from Saturday. They closed their set with a great cover of "Stand Up and Shout."

I agree with you on this.

The fest was great. I had a lot of fun again. It is exhausting though. Music is running constantly on one of the 3 stages from 3pm-2am on Friday and noon-2am on Saturday & Sunday. I did really enjoy the crowd antics for Blood Duster on Saturday afternoon.

It seemed that there were a lot more vendors this year. A ton of different t-shirts for sale. Most were less than $15. Many patches were available. The CD vendors had pretty good selections of death, grind, black & thrash metal. Some of the vendors carried cassette tapes.

The bands that I enjoyed the most this weekend were General Surgery (even though they were better last year), Coffins, Portal, Autopsy, Asphyx, Blood Duster, Black Breath, & Deceased.