Matt Barlow new pyramaze voice!!!

Who cares if Barlow is or isn't a good "fit" for Pyramaze. Just be thankful that you're going to get to hear him again.

Iced Earth functioned before Barlow as a band and continue to after as well. Let it go guys lol.

Is meaning good for sound waves to be hearing Matt Barlow once more again. The banding that he did in Icy Earth was superhappygood. Am forward hoping to be listening once more to Matt. Pyramaze is being a goodgood band sound, but not Matt is in fitting according to my eyesight. Perhaps wrongish I am found, and am hoping to be so.

Steve in Philly

Translation: Would love to have Barlow back, even though this sounds like a hoax. Lance (and damn, you really are a class act, Lance) put a definitive stamp on Pyramaze. I can't see Barlow singing about Unicorns :) That isn't to say he would be bad, but I think the band would have to go in another direction.

All that said, I hope it's true, but I don't believe it.

That has nothing to do with being a police officer. My best friend and fellow PP attendee is a detective. If they went by that rule the officers wouldn't be allowed to go anywhere, because drugs and alcohol aren't localized to concert events.

What he does in his spare time is his.

Lots of policemen have second jobs they do when not patrolling, this is no different.

I, too, am a detective. I also perform in a band. There is nothing that says we can't attend concerts. I also work bars and nightclubs when I am off duty.

The only thing is that I can't breathe in too much "second hand smoke" as I have urine screens to pass.

It's simply a poorly translated German interview, nothing more. This story is real.

Hope so! I love the voice. I love the band. It would be a very weird departure from Lance's Pyramaze version, but I'd love to hear the combination.

Steve in Philly

P.S. - Have we confused enough people by you and I quoting each other? :heh:

Wow... had you asked me to make a list of vocalists talented enough to fill Lance's shoes, I would have written down Matt Barlow's name and called my list complete.

Though I agree this doesn't appear to be the most natural of marriages, it's certainly intriguing. It's good see Barlow back doing what he was born to do; sing Metal.

And if this is a late April Fool's joke, there will be retribution... Old Testament style.

Zod

Zod, you have to admit though. Barlow fits worse than Urban Breed if you want to think purely on a 'fits the songs without any changes' factor.

Barlow fits a certain style. Which I'm sure Pyramaze will write for in the future. But I can't imagine him singing any of the current songs without them being completely reworked. I look forward to what things end up sounding like. And I wouldn't be surprised if a bit of every future Pyramaze set has classic Iced Earth songs.