Matt Barlow new pyramaze voice!!!

I'm happy to see that Barlow is back in action, and that he's in a band that will allow him to continue to devote his time to his main passion as well. On the other hand, this sounds like an unlikely pairing to me. I'm not saying that it won't work. Rather, I'm going to give it a fair shot when they release their next work.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Wow...

This is the day I always waited for. The mighty is back to kick some ass. I am very excited and anxious to hear what this will sound like. I'm sure it'll be badass.

And yes, Barlow's a god.

This is fucking unbelievable! Pyramaze has always been a very stand out and superior band overall in my eyes, and they have just found a way to further themselves even more!!! MATT BARLOW!!!!! One of my favorites in all of metal! I just know this joining is going to blow me away!! Cheers! :)

It is very nice to hear Barlow is doing music again.
I truly love his voice. However with that said I am also happy to hear he's not back in Iced Earth. Just because (Start your flames now) I personally like Ripper better in the band. Or at least on the last album. I have yet to hear the old tunes with him. But I love his voice. I cannot imagine Barlow doing songs off GB. Just my two cents for the day.

Just because (Start your flames now) I personally like Ripper better in the band.
I'm sure Tim's mom would agree.:loco:

Tim has taken way too much crap. It's not his fault Matt left the band. Tim is an absolutely fantastic vocalist. But the better fit for IE... no.

I have yet to hear the old tunes with him.
I caught them live twice on the GB tour. I'd say, it varies by song. "Dracula", for instance, he doesn't do it justice. He just can't reproduce Barlow's emotional, low end. The faster paced songs, he sounds strong on.

Zod

I believe your misinterpreting what people are saying. Lance's voice seems to fit Pyramaze's perfectly. In part, because he's the only singer we've heard sing with Pyramaze. Lance and Matt are at opposite ends of the spectrum stylistically. Consequently, this new pairing doesn't seem like a natural fit. However, Pyramaze writes great music and Barlow is a god, so one would have to assume the outcome will be superb.

Zod

BINGO!

I hope...great band + grand singer = :headbang:

I'm sure Tim's mom would agree.:loco:

Tim has taken way too much crap. It's not his fault Matt left the band. Tim is an absolutely fantastic vocalist. But the better fit for IE... no.

I caught them live twice on the GB tour. I'd say, it varies by song. "Dracula", for instance, he doesn't do it justice. He just can't reproduce Barlow's emotional, low end. The faster paced songs, he sounds strong on.

Zod

I agree wholeheartedly Zod. It was still amazing seeing Iced Earth with COB and Evergrey a few years ago, and Tim did as good of a job as he could trying to sing the older songs, and, for the most part, he succeeded.

I'm interested to see where this will go in terms of Pyramaze's sound. I don't know how Matt will fit, but it is great seeing him back in metal again, and I'm hoping this could be an excellent direction to take Pyramaze's sound.

I wonder if Michael knows how much pressure he's under now. This will have to be the most anticipated album of '08. Pyramaze was great with Lance, and Lance is an awesome singer. But it's the return of Barlow, who has to be in the top three best metal vocalists of all time, if not THE top (for me at least).

If true, I question how well Barlow can sing the old Pyramaze songs in concert. He's not exactly known for his piercing highs and amazing range. Nice to see Matt come back though, I miss his unique vocals.

He's not?

:lol: :lol: Thanks for saying what I was going to! I do believe our friend, and many otheres here, are underestimating Barlow's range. Perhaps another listen to "Horror Show" will refresh everyone's memory. Afterall, Ripper was the only one who could come close to pulling off what Barlow did. Tell me Ripper isn't known for his piercing high vocals and amazing range? :rolleyes:

If true, I question how well Barlow can sing the old Pyramaze songs in concert. He's not exactly known for his piercing highs and amazing range. Nice to see Matt come back though, I miss his unique vocals.

Um.... go listen to Path I Choose on Alive In Athens. On my best day, I still can't scream that last note! Matt has a far more versatile voice than we all know. Go listen to The Phantom Opera Ghost. Aside from the very ending of Dante's Inferno, that's his most passionate and emotionally driven performance that I can applaud him for.

Boy's got chops. Pyramaze will accompany his voice, just as Matt will accompany their style of metal.

And all will be well in the world. Pyramaze will end world hunger, war, disease, and religious indifference.

MATT BARLOW FOR PRESIDENT IN 2008

Um.... go listen to Path I Choose on Alive In Athens. On my best day, I still can't scream that last note! Matt has a far more versatile voice than we all know. Go listen to The Phantom Opera Ghost. Aside from the very ending of Dante's Inferno, that's his most passionate and emotionally driven performance that I can applaud him for.

Boy's got chops. Pyramaze will accompany his voice, just as Matt will accompany their style of metal.

And all will be well in the world. Pyramaze will end world hunger, war, disease, and religious indifference.

MATT BARLOW FOR PRESIDENT IN 2008

Agreed, agreed in the utmost sense of the word.