Matt Barlow new pyramaze voice!!!

Zod, you have to admit though. Barlow fits worse than Urban Breed if you want to think purely on a 'fits the songs without any changes' factor.
While I'd agree that neither seems like a natural fit, I'd say Barlow is probably a better fit. Barlow's screams can get pretty high (just listen to the beginning of "Wolf"). Perhaps Urban has that in his repertoire... I can't say.

Barlow fits a certain style. Which I'm sure Pyramaze will write for in the future.
It will certainly be interesting to see how they approach the Lance-era material.

And I wouldn't be surprised if a bit of every future Pyramaze set has classic Iced Earth songs.
Over Schaffer's dead body.

Zod

I would - Jon Schaffer has the rights to and wrote practically every song from the Barlow era.

Jason

Yes. But... all that means is that the venue has to pay a price if the band plays a cover song. Technically you can't stop what somebody does as a live performance as long as it isn't aired/recorded (afaik).

But. If Schaffer didn't want them to. I'm guessing they wouldn't. Which is fine.

Yes. But... all that means is that the venue has to pay a price if the band plays a cover song. Technically you can't stop what somebody does as a live performance as long as it isn't aired/recorded (afaik).

Perhaps, but I simply can't imagine it happening. I don't think Schaffer would appreciate it and I think Barlow respects him too much to do it. If Barlow had a major hand in the songwriting, I think it would be a different story, but Barlow had hardly any creative hand in their making.

Jason

This is isnt a rumor or anything, this is true. Hell yea, I am stoked like a ho on Wall Street street in 1976.
Good thing you didn't add "nappy-headed" before that HO comment or you'd be publicly hung, drawn and quartered.

If true, I question how well Barlow can sing the old Pyramaze songs in concert. He's not exactly known for his piercing highs and amazing range. Nice to see Matt come back though, I miss his unique vocals.

Hell yeah, Barlow's Back!!!!!

On the other hand....i much rather prefer Lance's vocals by far.
As great as this annoucement is having Barlow back in the music business, this might turn me off of Pyramaze. I really enjoyed the high/clean voice, and without that i don't think i can enjoy pyramaze as much. But thats just me: I'll give them a chance though.

This should sound interesting. Would be weird hearing Matt sing Melancholy Beast or Forsaken Kingdom. I really thought Pyramaze and Lance's voice made a great fit. Shame we only got two releases with him. But cant wait to hear Matt on the next one

Well, I apologize for not believing Barlow would Pyramaze's new frontman. I'd just like to see how he is going to juggle being a full-time cop with the demands of being Pyramaze's new frontman?

At least there is one good thing in all this: EVERY Pyramaze show in the US will be the SAFEST place to be! After all, the frontman will be packing heat and carrying a badge.

I'd just like to see how he is going to juggle being a full-time cop with the demands of being Pyramaze's new frontman?

having worked for the U.S. government myself, I can assure you that Mr. Barlow should have up to 30 days leave/vacation each year with the state police department. And if they plan wisely... that could make for some recording time, as well as a couple of festivals and/or a two week tour. I'm sure his wife wouldn't mind taking a couple of short excursions to Europe each year. Might make for a nice vacation or two.

:headbang:

I know exactly how this is gonna sound.

ABSOLUTELY
FUCKING
AMAZING.

and I third that.

I cannot believe all the detractors in this forum. Of course I'm sure many of them are the same ones who boycott Iced Earth because of Tim Owens. :Smug:

My thinking is - wait and hear the final product. I could care less if people think Matt may not sound 'right' for Pyramaze. I'm am absolutely beside myself that he is returning to metal. And I couldn't think of a better band - besides Iced Earth, yes - to return to other than one we all know and love, and many of us had the priveledge of seeing last year.

So Tim Owens joined Iced Earth with Matt's blessing, according to Matt's own words. :kickass: *cheers to Matt*

And we have Lance King joining Krucible - who I get to see TWICE this year! :worship:

And then Matt Barlow joins Pyramaze - absolutely brilliant! :headbang:

this is a win-win-win situation for the true metal fan. Now if we can Urban Breed back into a regular band, we'll be set. :devil:

I cannot believe all the detractors in this forum.
I believe your misinterpreting what people are saying. Lance's voice seems to fit Pyramaze's perfectly. In part, because he's the only singer we've heard sing with Pyramaze. Lance and Matt are at opposite ends of the spectrum stylistically. Consequently, this new pairing doesn't seem like a natural fit. However, Pyramaze writes great music and Barlow is a god, so one would have to assume the outcome will be superb.

Zod

Well as long as they don't try to make Barlow sound like Lance (Kind of like how Van Halen asked the most talented vocalist they ever had (Cherone) to sound like Sammy), I think the results will be interesting and good. It -will- feel like a different band in many ways, but that's acceptable. K

I believe your misinterpreting what people are saying. Lance's voice seems to fit Pyramaze's perfectly. In part, because he's the only singer we've heard sing with Pyramaze. Lance and Matt are at opposite ends of the spectrum stylistically. Consequently, this new pairing doesn't seem like a natural fit. However, Pyramaze writes great music and Barlow is a god, so one would have to assume the outcome will be superb.

Zod

Seriously, how could one doubt the power of a god? This is Matthew fucking Barlow we're talking about here people.