Metalfan.net dedicated to the memory of Marc Nrueland

The_Q

No More Posts
Mar 29, 2003
www.metal-fan.org
After interviewing Tuomas Holopainen of Nightwish and Glenn Harveston, and hearing the stories of Marc's bravery I felt there had to be something I could do to preserve his memory. I downloaded the video for "Walking On The Air" from Nightwish's performance at last years Progpower festival and was moved to tears. This morning I woke up and decided to dedicate the site to Marc's memory and spirit. I didn't know him personally but am overwhelmed by his courage and his bravery. I really don't care about site, hits, feedback or all that. That's not why I'm doing this. Metalfan.net represents honesty, integrity, spirit, and positive reinforcement, something I really feel he also represented. Rest in peace our brother.

-Sean

P.S. Maybe those of you that attended ProgPower 4 and witnessed Marc could donate your stories for a special section?

My apologies for the misspelling of Marcs last name. My eyesight is not the best since my eye surgery.I know many of you may feel that this is a publicity stunt and I am just trying to get people to the site, it's simply not true. So, in the best interests of all, I will keep this low key until I can get a page up that is a tribute to him.

Sean, I would be more than happy to share the story of mt experience with Marc from last year which began @ the pre-party. it was simply one the most heartfelt, and gutwrenching moments I've ever been a part of.....

Godspeed Marc....

The_Q said:
My apologies for the misspelling of Marcs last name. My eyesight is not the best since my eye surgery.I know many of you may feel that this is a publicity stunt and I am just trying to get people to the site, it's simply not true. So, in the best interests of all, I will keep this low key until I can get a page up that is a tribute to him.

I think that is a great thing. I didn't meet Marc, but I am so happy he did get to see Nightwish.

Bryant

My write-up -- which includes a poignant look at last year's Nightwish show from a sponsor's standpoint -- is posted on my site; you're welcome to use it, with appropriate credit/linkback.
http://66.193.230.227/~paulcas/ppusa03b/ takes you there.

There was also a page for the Marc story on the PPUSA site that quoted my commentary, but apparently it has been destroyed. :( (It was called "the_story.html" I think)