Most anticipated 2011 Releases

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Ok, so we have had a lot of discussion of favorite 2010 releases and live shows (Good discussions BTW!)

What are you looking forward to in 2011???

For me personally:
Manilla Road
Novembers Doom
Trouble
Stratovarius
Pentagram
Gates of Slumber
Omen (hopefully, maybe???)
Jag Panzer

Keeping my fingers crossed for new Fates Warning and Deep Purple.... (Otherwise I'm still catching up from a decade away from the scene.)

What are you looking forward to in 2011???

Trouble
Jag Panzer

The new Trouble would be high on my list if only they've gotten a valuable replacement for Eric Wagner. Kory Clarke just ruins the old songs with his crappy voice so I'm not too high on hearing the new stuff with him at the mic...

The Jag Panzer is on my list as well.

This list would be:

Jag Panzer (it's been way too long since the last one...)
Saxon (a new Saxon disc is always a big event for me, they never disappoint)
Symphony X (hopefully, Allen will come back more to his more "melodic" voice)
Machine Men (this takes so long to get a follow-up to 2007's Circus Of Fools)
Evergrey
Hammerfall
U.D.O. (not too sure he'll be able to match the brilliance of Accept-Blood Of The Nations though...)
Deep Purple (given the age of the guys (62 to 65, with Morse at 56), a new album can always be the last ever)
Riot (the Thundersteel line-up is not my fave, but the album should be cool anyway, as Moore still got the pipes)

Considering how awful Heretic was, and considering that Sandoval didn't even play on the new one, and considering that Erik Rutan produced it, I have low hopes for this CD.

Symphony X for me.

Sandoval's absence bugs me too, but I'll get over it. I'm a total MA fanboy who loves every album including Heretic, so I'm on the edge of my seat for this one.

The new Trouble would be high on my list if only they've gotten a valuable replacement for Eric Wagner. Kory Clarke just ruins the old songs with his crappy voice so I'm not too high on hearing the new stuff with him at the mic...

Agreed, but as long as both Rick and Bruce are manning the axes, the riffs will be worthy enough to make a semi-decent album. I am sure Kory's vox will take some getting used to. I do have the LIVE IN LA disc, so I am already warming up a little. Still better than no TROUBLE at all.

Machine Men (this takes so long to get a follow-up to 2007's Circus Of Fools)

Do they have plans already for a new one? To be honest, I didn't even know they were an active band. Elegies was fabulous. Circus of Fools was decent too.

Ten off the top of my head...

Evergrey
Circus Maximus
Sympony X
Pagan's Mind
Amaranthe
While Heaven Wept
Nightwish
Within Temptation
Appearance of Nothing
Sixx: AM