My current view of this years ProgPower or "Am I getting old?"

This year will be my first time missing PP in 6 years, and to tell you the truth, it hurts to be able to come. Is it because of finances, not really, I always keep my PP money separate. The reason I am missing is a health issue this year. I so want to come, but it is just not in the cards this year, hopefully next year you will see my Old wrinkled crappy face again. I am going to miss all of you so much this year. Have a beer for me.

Take two aspirin and see you in Atlanta in the morning! :lol:

I really wish you were going to be there this year, John. You are the very first person I met at ProgPower, my good friend, and it won't be the same without you. :cry:

I too worry about vacation time because I receive so little. But this is no vacation. My boss literally just let me take the days off without pay. It was a great moment when she said yes because I had already bought my Gold Badge and put a deposit down on the room I'm staying in. I have been to other festivals for other types of metal and music. ProgPower is the best one. It is one of a kind. There's so much about ProgPower that's not just about what's going on on the stage that makes this event special. I'm sure there are others who maybe catch three bands a fest that would certainly agree.

I "stress" over the same shit. I'd love to have every band sign everything they've ever released and party till 5am and buy 100 CDs and 20 shirts and also eat a badass burger at Vortex. I'm gonna do some of those things ;). But Justin I agree that there is something that just seems "routine" at this point. But fuck it. It's like a goddamn family reunion and I never played HexenII or hang out on perpetual motion or talk to very many Norwegians. I post on the forum daily and the people know who I am and what I do for a living. Some even know that I can't find a good atheist girl as pretty as the good Christian ones. But I digress...

I've said that I'd come to ProgPower every year until it's done long ago (after I had such a ball during MY first one). And I'll stick to it even if I have to borrow money and it's nothing but Pain of Salvation type bands over and over.

I will also be getting a vinyl signed so Todd better help me out too. I gotta tell Tom Phillips that I his depressed ass makes the most beautiful music on the planet.

This year will be my first time missing PP in 6 years, and to tell you the truth, it hurts to be able to come. Is it because of finances, not really, I always keep my PP money separate. The reason I am missing is a health issue this year. I so want to come, but it is just not in the cards this year, hopefully next year you will see my Old wrinkled crappy face again. I am going to miss all of you so much this year. Have a beer for me.

You're not comin' dude??? Bummer. Now that's gonna suck. :bah:

Eric...knowing that your tastes in music have changed...what bands interest you most at PP this year??

Well, I need to make up for missing Mob Rules at BARF because I passed out in my hotel room after spending most of the day exploring San Fran.

But I'd probably say just Voyager, Ihsahn and Sanctuary. Creation's End are (mostly) hometown friends of mine so there is that too.

Mostly Ihsahn though.

Because we have better weather, musical accents, and the highest percentage of pretty women in the continental US?

:p

The weather I'll give you...
The accent down where I'm at isn't all that nice and most people aren't from here anyway...
as for point three: http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-07-07/1246954604775.jpg (NSFW!!!)
(Though I do agree women are prettier than in NY, most everyone has a kid by 20 or is married. Either that or they're down with the J. That pretty much makes them unavailable to me.)

I don't remember how I first heard of ProgPower either through scottish friends who had been to ProgPower UK or through searching for events etc. But i remember I first heard of it before IX happened with Helloween and Gamma Ray. Now I would of come down for that years fest but I was coming down from Cincinnati while I was in my first four years of college (getting a better degree now) and I didn't know what I'd do about rooms and such. Then I moved here to greensboro and I've been coming down seeing as its only a 5 hour drive and staying at my long time friends house.

Theres no question about it. Had I known about PPUSA when I still lived in Atlanta I would of stayed in Atlanta for college. Absolutely love coming down seeing my old friends and my new metal family and being entertained by awesome bands for a few days.

As far as finances go I jokingly wish Glenn just books crappy bands so I can afford new recording gear/stuff I can use for composing classical/ost material (a paying job would fix this :S). But in the end I always plan to go down to Atlanta for however long itll continue.. hopefully for a long time if not in some sort of reincarnation - its not fair to us folks just getting to know the fest!

The weather I'll give you...
The accent down where I'm at isn't all that nice and most people aren't from here anyway...
as for point three: http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-07-07/1246954604775.jpg (NSFW!!!)
(Though I do agree women are prettier than in NY, most everyone has a kid by 20 or is married. Either that or they're down with the J. That pretty much makes them unavailable to me.)

Classy. :err:

~Jen

Just been there 2 times, PPIX adn PPXI, for me spending $ 1,500 US only in the ticket plane and hotel room is something, but I really enjoyed the fest, the city, the attendants, but spending some money at cd tables is something I really enjoy, both times I bought at least 50 Cds and some t-shits as well, as somone said, PP is now a kind of different vacation and I try to save some money just for it, I know i can buy some cds at amazon or in a local store here in Mexico City, but for me getting some music from vendors at PP is a must at the fest.

This year I'n not going because my visa expired 1 month ago and because of working issues I have not been able to schedule the interview at the US embasy.

Hope you enjoy the fest, next year I'll be there for sure.

Francisco Carrasco, A long time metal fan from Mexico City.