My Very First Post! YAY!

Regor

Regor:1 Cancer:0
Sep 13, 2005
Detroit RAWK City
home.comcast.net
Alright, I've been lurking on this forum for a little while now... and since I'm finally going to a PP this weekend, I figured I'd make it all official.

My name's Roger, I'm a 27 y/o male from the Metro Detroit area. I play guitar (~13yrs) and I'm in a band. I currently work as a chemist, altho I have a B.S. in BioSci. Music is my life, and metal takes the cake. Fav bands are Metallica, Ozzy, Megadeth, Iced Earth, Trivium, Shadows Fall, In Flames, Manticora, Fear Factory, Testament, Primal Fear, Children of Bodom, Iron Maiden, KISS, HammerFall, Nevermore, Dream Theater, Slayer, Machine Head, etc. Basically, if it's good metal, I'll listen to it. I'm also into classic cars, as I have a restored '70 Mustang Coupe I'm very proud of. I love playing Halo with my friends and my favorite drink is a Waborita. Oh, and I'm Bryan316's brother. ;)

So anyways, I'm going to PP because Manticora is on the bill and they RULE! If you don't know who Manticora is, YOU WILL! (On a side note, some of you may know that I was diagnosed earlier this year with testicular cancer. Well, the guys from Manticora found out about it thru this forum and sent my brother and I 2 T-shirts from their European tour to 'help the healing process'. I'd never have expected such a generous thing from a band and am very grateful for it. Thanks Manticora!! I'll see you front row!) Kinda sux I don't have my long hair anymore, but I'm still gonna break my neck headbanging.

Just wanted to introduce myself since I'm sure I'll be hooked on this forum after the show anyways. If you're going to the Pre-Party, I'll be the one wearing the "I Beat Cancer" T-shirt. Feel free to say hi, I don't bite (hard).

Oh, and a big congratz to the guys from Miles Beyond for getting a song on the PP sampler disc. Awesome!!

Welcome Roger. Glad you are doing OK with your health. I, myself am on kidney dialysis so I know how hard it is to go through health issues. You going through more I am positive. My name is Sean and I am nearby from the Chicago area. We should definitely meet up. When are you due to arrive in Atlanta and where are ya staying? Take care man and welcome to the forum again!

-Sean

Welcome! Good to see you posting and are making it to the show! Sure to be one hell of an asskicking, headbanging, little sleeping weekend!! no worries on the no more long hair...just ask Wyvern, it hasn't slowed down his headbanging :headbang: and kudos to Manticora that was cool of them!

The_Q said:
Welcome Roger. Glad you are doing OK with your health. I, myself am on kidney dialysis so I know how hard it is to go through health issues. You going through more I am positive. My name is Sean and I am nearby from the Chicago area. We should definitely meet up. When are you due to arrive in Atlanta and where are ya staying? Take care man and welcome to the forum again!

-Sean

Holiday Inn and driving down Thursday.

Welcome to the forum. I already know that you are as ready if not more for Manticora to blow the roof of the place during their first track. I think the real question is are you ready for whiplash?

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
Welcome to the forum. I already know that you are as ready if not more for Manticora to blow the roof of the place during their first track. I think the real question is are you ready for whiplash?

As a matter of fact, I am. I have both a hard plastic AND a soft fabric neck brace, both of which will be packed. (I've headbanged myself into immobility before ;) )

And I think I've got a good idea what the 'first track' will be (I've talked with Kristian on their message board, and he dropped a hint).

Welcome Roger, I am sure a lot of people have been waiting for a while to see you here...
Good to know about your health man, and great to know we'll see ya this weekend. You were on our thoughts and prayers, at least mine. Great attitude, and your brother did a hell of a job, I am sure!

I'm definitely looking forward to meet the two of you! And yes, Manticora is gonna RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULE!

Welcome Roger... I am Linda...I hope your trip is good and I am sure you will meet many of us there, just come up and introduce yourself... Metalrose is the only one who bites...lol

That was very cool of them to send shirts... see ya there.

rottingflesh said:
Welcome Roger... I am Linda...I hope your trip is good and I am sure you will meet many of us there, just come up and introduce yourself... Metalrose is the only one who bites...lol

That was very cool of them to send shirts... see ya there.

She also punches, watchout!!!Mean left hook!!:devil::hotjump:

Bear

MetalRose said:
Will you bite hard if I ask you to? ;)

Anyway, congrats on the cancer beating. Make sure to post a picture of yourself on the PICTURE Thread. And browse through, as many faces you'll be able recognize at PP. I did that last year and it helped quite a bit.

-Metal

Only if you call me "bitch" while asking :loco:

As for pictures, I'll not be posting any 'current' pics of me. As I do not like the way I look right now without my hair. But you can find me at the pre-party easily enough... I'll be the one wearing the "I Beat Cancer" T-shirt. Friday I'll have my (\/)anticora shirt with European tour dates on the back. And Saturday... I'll most likely be wearing a neck brace! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: