Nevermore Cancel ProgPower USA VII Appearance

Damn, this really blows. I know you'll find something very suitable to replace them Glenn, and I for one will be there with or without them... it's not just about the bands to some people.

Petethedrummer said:
ARK :Spin:
If it weren't for Tore saying that there were "burned bridges" concerning an Ark reunion...I'd have definitely included Ark in my list! If they could patch things up and Glenn got them to play @ PPVII...he'd be more than a 'miracle worker'! :worship:

Stingray11214 said:
I am sorry, but Nevermore showed no respect for Glenn, ProgPower, or their fans. They "double-scheduled" and they know it. Are you telling me that they could not come over to Atlanta for one bloody night? Are you going to stand there and tell me that if they came to Atlanta to fulfill their obligation to Glenn it would have killed off their entire tour? That is Bull$%!&! Glenn had them under contract for one night. Not a whole god-damned nationwide tour. So, I cannot for the life of me how Nevermore could not fulfill their obligation.

Peace,
Ray C.

Yeah...um...you might wanna check out Disturbed and their singer's need to 'west his widdle sore fwoat' for the reason why their Euro tour and Nevermore's subsequent support run was re-scheduled.

Could they fly in/fly out? Possibly, but neither you nor I know for certain who's pulling the strings here. I'm as much of a Nevermore fanboy and I'm as disappointed as anyone else, but unless you know every detail of the circumstances behind all of this, all your speculation is just that.

I hate to go back to this, but I know one particular band who is deserving of headline status, is American and therefore cheap to transport, and has a significant following amongst progheads.

Enchant.

Maybe it's time to give them a shot? I think that their sound would balance out the festival nicely.

NP: Porcupine Tree "In Absentia"

AngraRULES said:
Have you noticed that not a lot of people like you over here, and most of your posts are purely useless, full of negative comments, complains or just pure bickering? I'm pretty sure you're better than that man!

Heehee...

(just couldn't resist)...

Rock on!

Sorry to hear that Glenn. I think Nevermore is making a mistake, but they have to do what they have to do. I have faith in you Glenn. I am sure you will find a great replacement.

Bryant

Ascension said:
Not at all. I just hate it when someone hides behind a username calls people out and says "fuck you" . Because in the "real world", l know it wouldn't happen once they saw the person and realized the consequences for their actions.

What consequences are those? That we get beaten up, and you go to jail? I'd like to join the rest of the crowd and say "fuck you", and I don't care what you look like in person. I'm 5'8" and unassuming, and I'll say whatever I want to your face. If I didn't think you deserve it, I wouldn't say it.

l didn't start this crapfest

You started threatening people with physical violence for something they said on a message board. That puts you at the bottom rung of the evolutionary ladder. Oh, yeah, and just TRY starting a fight with any ProgPower attendee... you'll have a hundred guys on you in a second, and you'll go home in an ambulance.

Bash Nevermore all you like; you're entitled to having poor taste in music. Just stop being a dick.

EDIT: sorry to bring this up again.. I didn't know the thread had moved so fast while I was composing it. :) I just had to say something.

booB said:
Bash Nevermore all you like; you're entitled to having poor taste in music. Just stop being a dick.

booB...remind me to give ya a hug and a kiss when I see ya at ProgPower...and buy ya a drink! Don't worry....since the crash I am retired from tackle hugs. :)

Coldie...just call me Crash

booB said:
What consequences are those? That we get beaten up, and you go to jail? I'd like to join the rest of the crowd and say "fuck you", and I don't care what you look like in person. I'm 5'8" and unassuming, and I'll say whatever I want to your face. If I didn't think you deserve it, I wouldn't say it.

You will not...and l repeat...will not say "fuck you" to my face.

booB said:
You started threatening people with physical violence for something they said on a message board. That puts you at the bottom rung of the evolutionary ladder. Oh, yeah, and just TRY starting a fight with any ProgPower attendee... you'll have a hundred guys on you in a second, and you'll go home in an ambulance.

EDIT: sorry to bring this up again.. I didn't know the thread had moved so fast while I was composing it. :) I just had to say something.

At no point were threats of violence made in my posts.
You did however say that l would go home in an ambulance...is that a threat of violence?

EDIT: Your reply is about 12 hours late...did it take you that long to come up with that useless drivel?

In my opinion, a headling act is someone with a decent back catalog of music, can really WOW a crowd & get them going, and a strong interest in playing a festival such as this.

My thoughts for headliners would be:

Axel Rudi Pell - ARP will have a new album out and I don't think he's ever toured the US. He's got style, history, and can easily do a 90-120 minute set from the HUGE catalog of music he has.

Grave Digger - Heavy, fast, loud and a great band all-around! History, history, history! Only played 2-3 gigs ever in the US and headling a festival of this style would give them more exposure.

Iced Earth - Would love to see them headline a US-based festival but I'm guessing they will be in full on recording mode for the next album so highly unlikely.....still, would be very cool.

Primal Fear - Been around for many years now, 6 albums of material, played the US and have a fan base here, great band! Would be a great replacement for Nevermore (who I am not a fan of but have seen live and they kick ass live!).

Testament - Want to replace Nevermore with someone just as heavy and agressive? Testament will do it. They are back together with the original line-up and headlining this festival would be a HUGE win for them!

Band who could headline but never will.....

Running Wild - Will never, ever play the US. Rolf is greedy and only plays Germany and 1-2 select festivals in Europe only! Would need to make serious money to even think of coming.

These, of course, are my opinions.

WildmanCAL said:
Testament - Want to replace Nevermore with someone just as heavy and agressive? Testament will do it. They are back together with the original line-up and headlining this festival would be a HUGE win for them!

I agree with this vote. Although, I would prefer if John Tempesta was the drummer for the show. He rules. Also, with the old line-up back, I would ask they not ignore material from their later albums. The gathering and Low specifically.

WildmanCAL said:
My thoughts for headliners would be:

Axel Rudi Pell - ARP will have a new album out and I don't think he's ever toured the US. He's got style, history, and can easily do a 90-120 minute set from the HUGE catalog of music he has.

He does have an extensive catalog to choose material from and the vocalist is from the U.S. l haven't seen ARP brought up much on this forum, but l think he & his band would fit very good.

Kenneth R. said:
+1 Testament.

Ascension dissed Swanö. Therefore we are mortal enemies. :headbang:

Draw thy sword heathen and prepare to meet thy maker!!!!!

For those of you who don't know what a threat of violence is...l just threatened to run Kenneth R. through with a sword...so there you go.