Nevermore Cancel ProgPower USA VII Appearance

eaeolian said:
It comes from a man that has the internet to hide behind.

Doc, brilliant. :worship:

That did seem to shut the idiot up.... Which of course was the point of the exercise.... Sorry I missed the last show.... Financial shit.... :erk:

Dr_Metal said:
That did seem to shut the idiot up.... Which of course was the point of the exercise.... Sorry I missed the last show.... Financial shit.... :erk:

Oh no, you shouldn't have said that! Now we're gonna have to deal with his whining and annoying responses for a long time... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :tickled:

AngraRULES said:
Oh no, you shouldn't have said that! Now we're gonna have to deal with his whining and annoying responses for a long time... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :tickled:

If he has even the slightest hint of intelligence he will just leave well enough alone.... :devil:

All you mama's boys will be afforded the opportunity to man up at the event...l'll be there & will make sure you'll know how to find me.
l promise...you will punk out like Leon's lil prison bitches that you are.

fuck_you.jpg

Ascension said:
All you mama's boys will be afforded the opportunity to man up at the event...l'll be there & will make sure you'll know how to find me.

I'm always up to sue another person for assault & battery :tickled:

Ascension said:

My boy sloppyj03 is a world class boxer at the age of 8. We'll see who's gonna man up homie, we'll see.

Yea d00dz ive been known to *uck shit up when im on Herroine d00dz,ive been said to have a seriously devastating left hook. watch yo backz

dang yalls listen to this man. I've felt that dazzling left. We'll see if Ascension wants to break his weak shit up in here Sloppy.

Ascension said:

You just dont know when to leave well enough alone do you? If you are in fact going to be at the event, do the rest of us here a favor and wear a shirt that says "I'm that Dick Ascension from the ProgPower Board" so we can all be sure to give you a proper "Fuck You" to your face!!!! :D

I dont know who this "Leon" is that you refer to in your post but it looks like you have personal experience being one of his "lil prison bitches".... Will you be bringing him with you as protection???? :lol:

Man, I hate to have anything to do with this thread, but when exactly does a moderator step in to take care of trolls like Ascension?
Honestly, most of his posts sound like a 14 year old; and the past 11 pages of this thread feel like him constantly 'baiting' other members.

Dr_Metal said:
If you are in fact going to be at the event, do the rest of us here a favor and wear a shirt that says "I'm that Dick Ascension from the ProgPower Board" so we can all be sure to give you a proper "Fuck You" to your face!!!! :D

Ya know...this idea keeps getting kicked around every year...that we should have badges or shirts to identify us as UM PPUSA forum...it's always cool to know who everyone is.

I remember having several great conversations with Wayne last year before I asked him his UM handle...then having him recoil in mock horror when I told him mine. He just laughed and told me, "Man, you're such an asshole."

Wasn't too sure how to feel about that...hmm...made me think about changing my ways......?

Rock on!

jonrpatrick said:
Man, I hate to have anything to do with this thread, but when exactly does a moderator step in to take care of trolls like Ascension?
Honestly, most of his posts sound like a 14 year old; and the past 11 pages of this thread feel like him constantly 'baiting' other members.

l've been wondering about this myself. This thread should have been closed/deleted long ago. And, l'm not sure why you feel there needs to be action against me. Someone in this thread posted that they would verbally assault anyone that was happy about the Nevermore cancellation. l think he put it as "fuck you". l considered myself as one of those individuals as l never liked the Nevermore pick and have been verbal about it. l defended my thoughts on the cancellation & said that verbal assault wouldn't happen in the "real world" due to the possible consequences someone might face. Think about it...someone you don't know comes up to you and says "fuck you" to your face without provacation...if you verbally assault someone like that chances are you'll get a left hook very quickly. That's the consequences in the real world. It's easy to do it from behind a computer screen...no fear of getting your ass whipped.
l never made any threats to anyone...although l have been threatened with gang violence subsequently.

l understand the fanboy - itis that runs rampant on this forum. It's a great festival ran by a guy that is a fan himself so people are passionate about it...myself included. l'm just not fanboy material when it comes to it. l pay my hard earned money (ok...hard earned was maybe to strong a phrase to use), l show up to support the bands l like, shop during the bands l don't like (in Nevermore's case that would be ...go home early), and all in all...enjoy myself. But, when someone crosses the line and verbally assaults someone for their ideas on a particular band... well...that just degrades the spirit of the festival as a whole. Posting your thoughts on a particular band or pick or whatever should be part of this forum. Getting assaulted for it shouldn't be.

l personally would never come up to anyone & say "fuck you" in any public setting. But, there are those here that have said they would do just that. That in itself is sad. l would hope those that have implied this would think twice about taking this childish action. It totally serves no purpose other than to alienate and cause a retaliatory situation.
l have said enough on this subject...the defense rests.

I'm disappointed that this happened... Canceling our fest rudely because they got rudely rescheduled. (Or at least it seems like it to me if they already had it set for one date then changed to another just now...) So sad, a friend had got me into them after PP6 and I was excited to be able to see them this year.

As for everyone arguing... You're all being childish. Originally I thought Ascension was saying no one would say crap to his face when there was no net... But now it seems he is threatening violence? Or just saying people would be scared because of that possibility? Don't know, don't care...

But most people attacking him all seem to take on the thing of: "I have more friends than you, so you are the idiot and loser here." Umm.... Who will be the bigger man first and just ignore all this? If he goes quiet, don't brag about it. It's just begging him to bring it back. When the insults stopped earlier he was playing nice with eolion (I know I spelled it wrong but don't feel like looking back) and booB...

So maybe if everyone just dropped it we'd all be happier and Glenn wouldn't have to get pissed off from what happened to his post..... er, well that's too late. But at least stop adding to it...

And I'm not sure I'd call him a Troll for being pissed that Nevermore cancelled or because someone "hurt his feelings." I'd think him a troll if he joined in 2005 or 2006 and went: "Prog Power sucks, Nevermore wouldn't play hahhahahahahahhah!11111one111elven!!" etc etc.

-----

I think Dragonforce would be fun though...... But they don't have enough albums out by what other people said for some other bands... I would love to see Herman Li solo though......

AngraRULES said:
Humm...
Group hug, everybody?
No? Hmmm.. alright.... =)
heh, count me in.
My what a fine mess this has turned into. We need some anger management counseling here. The only 2 cents I'm going to add is I feel Nevermore's management handled this as best they could. Remember, it's FEBRUARY and the show isn't until SEPTEMBER so they certainly gave plenty of notice.

Think about it...someone you don't know comes up to you and says "fuck you" to your face without provacation...if you verbally assault someone like that chances are you'll get a left hook very quickly. That's the consequences in the real world.
Now I've got nothing against Mr. Ascension here, but bud, I think you're a little too sensitive, but maybe that's a regional thing. Here in Jersey strangers say "fuck you" to each other on a semi-regular basis and we all just shrug it off. Hell, it's practically a standard greeting. :D Throwing a fist will land you in the county jail.....a very bad place to be. Now there a casual "fuck you" will get you more than you bargained for!