Nevermore Cancel ProgPower USA VII Appearance

Ascension said:
That made absolutely no sense at all.
And, l didn't realize this was a popularity contest.

You know, sometimes I think you're just instigating, and sometimes I think you've unscrewed your brain. In this case, you've fallen over into the latter...

Time to book that flight to Daytona. :lol:

eaeolian said:
You know, sometimes I think you're just instigating, and sometimes I think you've unscrewed your brain. In this case, you've fallen over into the latter...

Time to book that flight to Daytona. :lol:

LMAO, dude that was just great!

Rick Pierpont said:
The last time I saw QR in Philly they played a 1,500 person venue. I don't believe it was sold out either.

Last year in Knoxville, they filled a 1500 seat venue and people wanting to buy tickets were getting turned away at the box office.
It was a great show.

Jax said:
They cancelled quite late in the game, as I recall, at the very first PPUSA in Illinois..SymX was brought in to replace them.
Yes, and that was one of the happiest days of my life since it gave me my first opportunity to see SyX. And I was already going before that happened so that was icing on the cake. Nothing against Nevermore either.

eaeolian said:
I dunno - maybe he's going to throw his chocolate milk at him? ;)

I actually did do that to a bully when I was in middle school except it was a carton of I think grape juice or something...totally beaned the kid in the head, he was covered in juice...when they brought us to the office, they just kinda looked at me funny...

and the kid never gave me problems again ;)

I for one am sad to hear this. I have seen Nevermore twice before and loved their shows both times. They will be missed (as least by a few of us). It seems everyone is jumping on the the sugguestion bandwagon. I might as well throw my hat in the ring also. I would love to see Morgan Lefay. These guys rock out. I know they are do the Chicago show. But they would still be a great headliner for Progpower. The Iced Earth reunion would be great, but Matt is living in DE and playing in the local law enforement band. I can not see him doing a reunion show. Sad to say though.

....sigh...so bummed now.... Those of you who have never seen Nevermore and won't because they are not playing PP have no idea what you just missed out on....

I was mixed on Nevermore, actually. I've never seen them live myself, so I was interested in seeing them for the first time. However, there are other bands that I'd rather see in the headliner spot.

However, I would never wish a band to cancel their spot, just for the difficulty of cancelling a contract (and the bullshit the event organizer/promoter has to deal with), etc. etc.

Here's to hoping that the recovery of this blow is swift. We all know, as trendtk said, this would be a killer fest even with only 9 bands. Many of us would go no matter what, so in the end we will all have the time of our lives come September.

I am sorry, but Nevermore showed no respect for Glenn, ProgPower, or their fans. They "double-scheduled" and they know it. Are you telling me that they could not come over to Atlanta for one bloody night? Are you going to stand there and tell me that if they came to Atlanta to fulfill their obligation to Glenn it would have killed off their entire tour? That is Bull$%!&! Glenn had them under contract for one night. Not a whole god-damned nationwide tour. So, I cannot for the life of me how Nevermore could not fulfill their obligation.

Peace,
Ray C.

Hey Glenn,sorry to hear the bad news...I was stunned to even see Nevermore on the bill...even more stunned that they cancelled.I was looking forward to seeing them do a full set,but then again I got an 1 1/2 hour show when they co-headlined with Flotsam in Erie,PA a few years ago.Yes...even saw a Sanctuary tune.
As for a new headliner, I wont add my two cents because you've never let us down in the past...we may not all like the choice (Rage anyone?) ,but it doesn't change the fact that ProgPower is the best thing going in the US.
Hold your head up high and let your options fall into place in due time...its only February...plenty of time. Good luck Bro

Dark One said:
What is this, grade school??

Sure seems like it. Maybe Girlschool.

Glenn, good luck on finding a band to replace NeverAgain.

I'll echo Colleen and say if I can help in any way, give me a ring.

Zilla, I couldn't have said it better about Nevermore not 'thumbing their noses' at ProgPower. A tour you're already booked for gets rescheduled, you have to go with it. It's a chance to open on a big tour, for a decent band that Glenn just happens to like. I'll bet the guys in Nevermore are just as bummed about it as a lot of their fans here are.....although maybe not quite as bummed as Glenn is.