New Iron Maiden Song

Heart (Baracuda riffage) <snip>.

hahaha, that's what I thought immediately when I first heard it. Started singing Barracuda within a few seconds. Glad the rest of the song doesn't sound the same... Barracuda's a good song, but I don't need heart in my maiden.

That being said, it's in line with the last 3-4 cd's... it's just good, not great. Still love the band, always will.

Going to see them next Sunday in Concord, CA and can't wait. My 5th time seeing them, and 8th time seeing DT. \m/

Hehe this is strange. This song makes some of the songs on AMOLAD seem like a work of genius! This is SO boring and mundane. Maiden gallops sound so fun normally but this is so downbeat and the chorus is just unexciting. I just hope they actually have better melodies on the other songs.

Hehe this is strange. This song makes some of the songs on AMOLAD seem like a work of genius! This is SO boring and mundane. Maiden gallops sound so fun normally but this is so downbeat and the chorus is just unexciting. I just hope they actually have better melodies on the other songs.

See, AMOLAD I liked. I understand why a number of Maiden fans don't like it since it is their most progressive. However, this track just seems progressive for the sake of being progressive. It seems rushed and they just tried to throw as many different types of shit as possible into this.

I'm a 'new-age" Maiden fan I guess you can say. I got turned onto maiden via BNW which is one of my favorite albums ever. To me, it stands above their old stuff.

Dance of Death was pure vial garbage however.

I really enjoyed AMOLAD, but it's hard to stomach if I'm not hungry for it.

With that said, this single is pure meh....

Very boring and it just plods on and on and on.

And seriously, did Bruce phone that vocal performance in? Doesn't sound like he's even trying.

Have to say though, since they're so popular, I'll probably pick up the album the first week it hits Best Buy and is on sale. Although with new Blind Guardian and Vanden Plas, I doubt it'll get much rotation.

See, AMOLAD I liked. I understand why a number of Maiden fans don't like it since it is their most progressive. However, this track just seems progressive for the sake of being progressive. It seems rushed and they just tried to throw as many different types of shit as possible into this.

To be honest, I could say that for AMOLAD. I like the album, but I think a lot of the songs are a lot longer than they should be. They have a tendency to wear out their welcome.

The new song doesn't really grab me yet. It is certainly different from the problems that AMOLAD did, but I'm not sure if it is an improvement.

To be honest, I could say that for AMOLAD. I like the album, but I think a lot of the songs are a lot longer than they should be. They have a tendency to wear out their welcome.

The new song doesn't really grab me yet. It is certainly different from the problems that AMOLAD did, but I'm not sure if it is an improvement.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the songs on AMOLAD. While they were long, I felt they knew exactly where each song was going and didn't just make it long to be long. I also felt they didn't go all over the place just to be experimental. This new song, they tried WAY too many different things on and there's just no focus.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the songs on AMOLAD. While they were long, I felt they knew exactly where each song was going and didn't just make it long to be long. I also felt they didn't go all over the place just to be experimental. This new song, they tried WAY too many different things on and there's just no focus.

Agreed. I don't have quite as much of a problem with the new tune, but definitely agree about the last album.

The song is definitely growing on me over the past couple of days. It's hardly destined to by one of my all-time Maiden faves, but I do enjoy listening to it enough that I never stop the song short of completion. As has been said, a lot of changes throughout the song.

Full tracklisting souds very promising...

'Satellite 15... The Final Frontier' 8:40
'El Dorado' 6:49
'Mother Of Mercy' 5:20
'Coming Home' 5:52
'The Alchemist' 4:29
'Isle Of Avalon' 9:06
'Starblind' 7:48
'The Talisman' 9:03
'The Man Who Would Be King' 8:28
'When The Wild Wind Blows' 10:59

From Bravewords.com...

"The band reunited with long-time Maiden producer Kevin “Caveman” Shirley in early 2010 at Compass Point Studios, Nassau to record the album and then moved to LA to finish the recording and do the mixing. Compass Point Studio is very familiar to the band, it was where they recorded the Piece Of Mind (’83), Powerslave (’84) and Somewhere In Time (’86) albums.

Bruce comments “The studio had the same vibe and it was EXACTLY as it had been in 1983, NOTHING had changed! Even down to the broken shutter in the corner... same carpet... everything... It was really quite spooky. But we felt very relaxed in such a familiar and well-trodden environment and I think this shows in the playing and the atmosphere of the album”

The song is definitely growing on me over the past couple of days. It's hardly destined to by one of my all-time Maiden faves, but I do enjoy listening to it enough that I never stop the song short of completion. As has been said, a lot of changes throughout the song.

Full tracklisting souds very promising...

'Satellite 15... The Final Frontier' 8:40
'El Dorado' 6:49
'Mother Of Mercy' 5:20
'Coming Home' 5:52
'The Alchemist' 4:29
'Isle Of Avalon' 9:06
'Starblind' 7:48
'The Talisman' 9:03
'The Man Who Would Be King' 8:28
'When The Wild Wind Blows' 10:59

From Bravewords.com...

"The band reunited with long-time Maiden producer Kevin “Caveman” Shirley in early 2010 at Compass Point Studios, Nassau to record the album and then moved to LA to finish the recording and do the mixing. Compass Point Studio is very familiar to the band, it was where they recorded the Piece Of Mind (’83), Powerslave (’84) and Somewhere In Time (’86) albums.

Bruce comments “The studio had the same vibe and it was EXACTLY as it had been in 1983, NOTHING had changed! Even down to the broken shutter in the corner... same carpet... everything... It was really quite spooky. But we felt very relaxed in such a familiar and well-trodden environment and I think this shows in the playing and the atmosphere of the album”

Yep, had a chance to hear it several times now and I quite like it. Very much looking forward to the new album!

They played this when I saw them Wednesday night in Dallas, Texas (pit tickets whoo!!!). It sounded better live, but thats cause its freaking Maiden lol I kinda like the song though. Definitely not one of they're best, but its definitely not horrible.

That said, the show was freaking INCREDIBLE!!! The only thing I was disappointed with was Dream Theater's set list choice. They mainly played their heavier, more straightforward stuff, which is what I expected, but was hoping at least for something off Awake. Plus they only got 45 minutes to play, which caused them to only be able to play 5 songs. Oh well... They were tighter than hell, as usual. My 3rd time seeing them, and still one of my favorite bands to see live.

Funny little thing about the show though: Adrian actually forgot how to play "No More Lies" and I could see him trying to follow Dave the whole song hahaha The whole time, he had this look on his face like, "FUUUUCK!" haha It was great. And the new Eddie is pretty damn awesome as well.

I was at that show too (not in the pitt), but it was freaking awesome. I loved hearing the Brave New World tunes as that is one of my fav Maiden CD's. Adrian was off on two songs that I noticed...I just don't remember which songs but it was definitely jarring. I guess that's what happens on the first show of the tour. The only comment I have about Dream Theater was that James LaBrie's voice was excellent. It was so much better than when they were in Atlanta. The man can still hit those notes. I loved hearing Home live though. This is only the 2nd time for me to see them live, so I was happy to hear those tunes as everything they played was NOT played in Atlanta. :)

The new Maiden song is growing on me as well. I still think kicking off the show with The Wicker Man is just fantastic.