NIGHTWISH 2007 USA TOUR

... after the show they made it a point of meeting all the fans and hanging out and tlaking with them. Annette is just the most awesome person you will meet, so humble, so caring and such a prankster, she has taken over as the prankster of the band and keeps them on their toes, she treats all the fans as if they were her best friends, and no one leaves without a autograph or picture. And JUKKA, well he is JUKKA, he hasn't changed, still the outgoing, gotta meet everyone person. Tuomas having finally gotten over those headaches, was everywhere making sure people got their pictures and autographs, the same for Marco, by the way he and I shared some Jager, and had a rip roaring time. ...

I swear they hung out at the club with the fans at every show but the one in Chicago! We hung out for about 45 minutes or an hour hoping they'd come hang out like we keep hearing they have, but we didn't see them at all.

I swear they hung out at the club with the fans at every show but the one in Chicago! We hung out for about 45 minutes or an hour hoping they'd come hang out like we keep hearing they have, but we didn't see them at all.

They opted not to stick around after the show in Dallas but given the circumstances of Marc's father's passing and the emotional toll it took on the band who could blame them? The show they put on was amazing in spite of the circumstances and I've no doubt after the show they just needed to get away from everything, collect their thoughts, and hopefully get some much-needed rest.

Might want to call ahead. Monday is a holiday, so the corp offices might be closed.

Thanks for the heads up. It was on the way home from work, and they were open.

AND I scored 3 tickets! I asked how many were left and all the guy said was "Very few."

So you can go down there in person to get the tickets. Go straight on in, and directly to the wooden door sorta underneath the stairs. Just tell the guy at the desk you want Nightwish tickets.

It's actually "Walking In The Air" and it's a cover.

It was "Higher than Hope," the song Tuomas wrote in dedication to Marc Brueland.

Thanks for the corrections! That was a beautiful song...

Like the first time I saw Nightwish live, I wasn't convinced until then. Last night's show in Dallas was amazing! I made a rare trip to the front row for Paradise Lost (who I'm nuts about), and stayed there for Nightwish too. That was more fun than I expected.

John Two Hawks was awesome! I just can't explain how cool I thought it was to see him on stage with them and watch him perform! Very nice guy too!

.. thought you all would want to know this... Last night in Dallas, Nightwish recalled memories of the man named Mark Brueland who's last request in life was to see Nightwish perform live... His wish was granted, thanks to Glenn & crew, at ProgPower. Sadly he passed away a few months later, due to a terminal illness.

To this day, as Nightwish's co-sponsor that amazing night, it's one of the most moving experiences I've ever had.

Well, yesterday Marc's father passed away as well. Nightwish said a few touching words about being close to this family, and then performed "Walk in the Clouds"* in dedication to Marc's father. The band was visibly upset during this song, but that passion translated into one of the most spectacular performances of the night.

For those of us that were at ProgPower when Mark stood up from his wheelchair and walked onstage, and who knew the story behind this brave and wonderful man, last night's dedication was a deeply moving display of friendship.

Argh. Sad news indeed. :(

For those who weren't there -- and for some who were -- here are a few pics:

Tuomas embracing Marc:

DCP04105.JPG

Tarja embracing Marc:

DCP04106.JPG

Glenn and Marc, backstage-right:

DCP04111.JPG

I just called the Masquerade and they had tickets available you can order via credit card and pick up at Will-Call. The number is 404-577-8178 if anyone is interested.

Kim

For those of you interested in monitoring Nightwish's progress as they tour this fair country of ours here are some photos from the Dallas show this past Sunday, November 11. Those of us here were treated to a performance of the song "Creek Mary's Blood" featuring John Two Hawks. It was amazing! In fact, the entire show was amazing. As has been indicated prior to this posting be prepared for a heavy dose of material from the latest album, "Dark Passion Play". Since I think the latest album is great this was just fine with me! :headbang: In any case, Nighwish were on top of their game -- be prepared for a very energetic show and a great time!

100_2446.jpg

100_2450.jpg

100_2456.jpg

100_2462.jpg

100_2467.jpg

100_2486.jpg

100_2492.jpg

Looking forward to Wednesday night in Lauderdale :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Hey - can anyone who has been to the show so far lemme know about what time Nightwish has gone on stage?

(trying to figure out whether I need to 'call in sick' to work thursday morning :heh:)

Paradise lost does about 45 to 50 minutes, and Nightwish goes on about 50 minutes after they finish, at least that was the way it was in Albuquerque, and then they played almost 2 hours.

Oh god.. tonight is the night !!!!!!
I have an interview with Tuomas at 6 PM.
ughhhhhhh so nervous... ;) and excited :D
Been waiting for this for years..
AND since the tour dates were announced like 7 months ago.
Gonna leave work early today.. and tomorrow and rush up to Orlando with a friend to see em again.

You have an interview lined up? Sweet - that should be great!

:headbang:

Gonna leave work early today.. and tomorrow and rush up to Orlando with a friend to see em again.

Good Luck and please be sure and post the interview when you get a chance. Don't be nervous, just be yourself. :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Looking forward to Wednesday night in Lauderdale :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Hey - can anyone who has been to the show so far lemme know about what time Nightwish has gone on stage?

(trying to figure out whether I need to 'call in sick' to work thursday morning :heh:)

I think you'll be okay Thursday for work. The Dallas show got over at 11:30pm. Sorry, that's probably not what you wanted to hear :lol::lol:

Got news for you: If they EVER cut "The Islander" from their setlist, they should be shot. That song is simply a religious experience live. You practically want to bow at your knees in majesty.

I've told you several times before, and I'll just go ahead and tell you again: You make me sick :lol:

Got news for you: If they EVER cut "The Islander" from their setlist, they should be shot. That song is simply a religious experience live. You practically want to bow at your knees in majesty.

You are so right, this song just blows you away, it is the best of the whole set to me, but my daughters though Slaying the Dreamer was oh hell there wasn't a bad song in the whole set, it's just that The Islander stood out above and beyond the rest.

The Ft. Lauderdale show was AWSOME! Got some great shots with my camera, even though the damn thing is crap compared to my mother's camera. But hey, I'm happy with the shots that I got! :headbang:

According to GreyKiller, Emress was there and taking pics, and i think she was on the balcony at the Culture Room, with a huge digital that i totally envy.

Anyone know when she usually posts pictures?